Mgr, Business Unit Compliance Officer (BUCO)
*For internal staff please apply internal transfer via HRMS (https://myhrms.hlbank.my) with the information below: JR Number:
Refer to the above Job Number next to position title Location Code: MYMLH10000 Department Code: MY10005020 Designation Code: MICAA
- Individual is responsible for helping respective business units within PFS to ensure it is a robust 1st line of defense in the Compliance 3 lines of defense model.
- Individual will be responsible for advising respective business units within PFS on compliance with regulatory requirements which relate to PFS.
- Individual is responsible on governance of implementation of regulatory compliance by respective business units within PFS
- Implement the Bank's Compliance frameworks, review and update policies and procedures to comply with legal and regulatory requirements for respective business units within PFS, as well as internal standards and guidelines.
- Single point of contact on all compliance matters in relation to respective business units within PFS in consultation with Group Compliance.
- Drive and facilitate a culture of compliance across respective business units within PFS.
- Overall responsibility for completion of self-assessments for respective business units within PFS.
- Develop and implement a plan for checking the compliance controls of respective business units within PFS.
- Help ensure timely and accurate regulatory reporting by respective business units within PFS, where required.
- Ensure timely reporting and escalation of compliance issues or incidences by respective business units within PFS to management and Group Compliance.
- Work closely with Group Compliance to ensure all relevant new legislation and regulation applicable to respective business units within PFS is implemented in a timely manner.
- Propose/recommend initiatives to revise existing internal processes and/or adopt new processes to comply with new regulatory requirements on respective business units within PFS, where necessary.
- Build a close working relationship with Group Compliance, Hong Leong Islamic Bank to help ensure compliance with Shahriah requirements as necessary.
- Perform gap analysis arising from new/revised guidelines of legislation / regulations by respective business units within PFS
- Review product compliance on campaign / promotional materials / forms from respective business units within PFS
- Validate compliance self-assessment (CSA) on regulatory / internal policies & guidelines for business units
- Undertake compliance projects initiated by Group Compliance, where necessary.
- Build a close working relationship with respective Business Unit Compliance Representatives (BUCRs) / Business Heads, Group Compliance, Group Risk, Group Support Services (including legal), Group Internal Audit, other business units and functions where relevant, in the implementation and enforcement of policies and guidelines.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance/Banking/Economics/Law
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Possesses analytical and critical thinking. Attentive to details and possess investigative nature
- Audit, Legal or Compliance experience is aded advantage