Mgr, Branch Operation Risk & Control
This role requires an individual who will :
- Assess, identify and evaluated the potential risks that may hinder the reputation, safety, security and financial prosperity of the bank. Review and revise the existing Controls wherever necessary
- Responsible for managing the risk by planning, designing and implementing an overall risk and control self assessment management process for the branch network.
- The staff must be familiar with operational/sales regulatory compliance knowledge. The job also entails training/guidance and also regular liaison with Branches which include BM & CSOM, RMO, RCM, Branch Operations Support, Group Compliance, PFS Compliance, Group Risk Management and other Support units of the Bank.
- Manage and supervise a team to evaluate Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) modules completed by branches and RMOs which include scheduling of onsite inspection validation. To maintain a high standard of completed RCSA modules at all times.
- Review existing controls and recommend for changes in SOP whenever deem necessary.
- Work closely with Branch Operations Support, Group Compliance, Group Risk Management, PFS Compliance, Branches, RMOs, RCMs to ensure the planning, designing and implementation of an overall risk and control self assessment process for the branches.
- Periodic Update of the Risk and Control Self Assessment document as and when new risks are identified, lapses detected or guidelines are updated. Take ownership for Branches' Risk and Control Self Assessment document.
- Annual review of the Risk and Control Self Assessment modules.
- Ensure timely reporting in an appropriate way and recommendations as and when required by the management.
- Providing support, education and training to branch staff to build risk awareness .
- Ensure the bank's compliance with all relevant Regulatory laws, regulations and guidelines
- Ensuring that Branches and all RMOs/RCMs adhere to the following:
- All aspects of operational risk including operational controls are addressed to deter as well as to mitigate fraud and negligence.
- The standard operating processes and procedures on operational regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Banking & Finance or a recognized professional tertiary qualification in related field &/or with related working experience.
- Minimum 10 years related working experience in Financial Institution, preferably Banking Compliance or Audit/ Branch Banking Operations