Manager Service & Performance Oversight
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
Manager Service & Performance Oversight
Job Description - Manager, Service & Performance Oversight
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Amanah Takaful (INMY) leverages the HSBC Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to offer a wide range of innovative and accessible Family Solidarity and General Takaful products to both consumers and corporate customers throughout Malaysia.
The role is to assist the company in developing strategic objectives and vision, and implementing core initiatives as
set forth in the ROP and long term strategy. The candidate collaborates development of processes/procedures, MI and other strategic information and systems in support of business operations in order to improve decision making process, cost effectiveness and service quality. The role also helps in the development and preparation of annual operating plan and long term strategies for the company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will contribute to the development of, review and implement operations strategies for the Takaful business.
- Manage allocation of resources and execution of the operation including management information reporting, conservation activities, customer service/experience and sales quality
- Develop the operations team as a customer centric service center with the aim to deliver cost effective and efficient service to policyholders, intermediaries and employees
- Develop operational guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with Group guidelines and maintain high quality service standard
- Act as an specialist in providing operations advice and able to recommend strategic business solutions to improve efficiency of the business
- CSEM Secretariat
- Business Relationship Manager for HDPM (Insurance Business Services
- Business Relationship Manager for HBMY Legal
The incumbent is critical in assisting the Head of Takaful Operations and/or COO in developing & implementing insurance operations administration with the aim to increase customer satisfaction to strengthen the company's competitive position. He/she will need to work closely with different teams of the company to ensure effective & efficient operational service is in place to support business activities and day-to-day operations. He/she will act as a self-starter in developing, setting and implementing policies & procedures for the Takaful insurance administration.
He/she will drive continuous improvements in HTS service performance ensuring that Insurance operational quality and processes are in place and well managed.
· At least 5-7 years experience in management position with exposure to appraisals, counseling, team building and staff development.
· Strong leadership skills evidenced by achievement of objectives together with a track record of development of individuals with strong organization and planning skills along with the ability to handle capacity and MI reporting
· Ability to build and maintain relations with business units and continuously give feedback by stringent follow up on service level agreements
· Evidence of strong analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends, make projections and to interpret numeric information.
· Evidence of strong operational decision making and be able to provide analytical support to the teams
· Experience of successfully managing and developing a team in a previous role
· Evidence of process management skills with an ability to initiate process improvements
· Initiate cost control measures by achieving resource efficiency and managing overheads