Manager Risk Control Unit
- Ensure the operational risk and compliance frameworks are effectively implemented with Group Operations (GO), to ensure operational and compliance risks are being managed appropriately in a proactive manner and risk based approach.
- Promote strong operational risk management and compliance culture or all the units in GO.
- Ensure adherence to relevant risk and compliance policies and procedures in the identification, assessment, mitigation, control and monitoring of risk. Ensure sufficient follow through by management on actions to mitigate identified operational risk and compliance exposure.
- Ensure relevant policies by the Bank are effectively embedded within GO. Facilitate the design and effective implementation of relevant operational risk management and compliance tools e.g. Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA), Key Risk Indicators (KRI), Control Issue Management (CIM), Control Evaluation Testing (CET) and Incident Reporting.
- Ensure incidents, losses, policy deviations and ORM tools' exceptions are recorded, reviewed for improvement and reported. Engage appropriate stakeholders to ensure timely remedial actions and escalation of situations that pose significant risks.
- Lead and perform investigations / assurance reviews of units or functions within GO to determine the effectiveness of processes and controls within GO, and also when there are negative operational risk exposures / incidents.
- Value add to GO by identifying new and emerging risks and providing operational risk advice.
- Provide relevant and timely operational risk advice, ensuring that the operational risk implications of changes are anticipated and clearly signaled to appropriate stakeholders. Escalate to appropriate stakeholders when operational risks threaten to breach tolerances.
- Lead and coordinate training efforts to promote risk management and compliance culture within GO. Ensure gaps are identified and staff are suitably trained on operational risk and compliance.
- Actively monitor audit and compliance reviews and continuously monitor actions taken by GO to resolve the issues highlighted in a timely and effective manner.
- Candidate should have background in Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification in the relevant discipline such as Accounting, Finance, Banking, Business, Economics.
- Candidate must have at least 8 years of experience in audit / operational risk management, mainly from established financial institutions.
Technical/Functional Skills Expectation.
- In-depth knowledge of banking related products and services (especially on consumer and commercial banking), including regulatory requirements in the domestic and international landscapes.
- Possess good experience in audit / risk management and banking operations relating to consumer and commercial banking operations.
- Possess strong knowledge in BNM's regulations.
Personal skills Expectation
- Able to communicate with stakeholders with focus, confidence and constructively.
- Good people management skills .
- Adapts successfully to changing demands and conditions.
- Able to plan and organize workload effectively.
- Able to balance conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to see the bigger picture and think creatively to provide alternative solutions.
- Strong command in English.