Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Policy
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Nov 17 2017-11-21
Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Policy
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to take on the role Regulatory Compliance Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Policy within our Compliance team.
Impact on the Business
- Maintain databases on universe of Policy Owner Tracker Document and Policy Governance MI for RC in Malaysia.
- Execute RC compliance policy process in Malaysia, including publication of new/revised policies, impact assessment and rollout, policy dispensations, annual review approval and sign-off process.
- Support logistics and materials for RC, senior management and business on regulatory relationship matters including preparation of industry and regulatory dialogue.
- Maintain databases of key regulatory interaction and catalogue of meeting notes and action points.
- Primary responsibility to execute regulatory change process to identify, distil and effectively communicate regulatory developments to stakeholders.
- Identify, monitor and communicate regulatory trends and developments assist in responding to them (including the issuance of updates and guidance as appropriate).
- Advises and guides as appropriate RC in Malaysia in agreement with the Regional Head of Conduct Compliance.
- Exercise discretion and expertise to work in conjunction with RC to communicate and execute RC policy implementation in Malaysia.
- Support RC, senior management and business lines in Malaysia for anticipatory view of regulatory trends and risks.
- Use subject matter experience and experience, assist Global Businesses RC officers and/or RC officers to communicate and drive conduct risk policy implementation in Malaysia.
- Ensure that Regional Head of Conduct Compliance and Head of RC is appropriately advised of material conduct risk matters.
- Provide assistance to the Head of RC in developing, setting and delivery the Compliance Transformation and regulatory strategy to the RC.
- Support and deliver the Regulatory Affairs and Policy activities within the RC, in Malaysia.
- Help develop the strategic approach and delivery of training on conduct risks in the context of Regulatory Compliance training programme in Malaysia.
Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Ensure Global Standards and practices are implemented.
- Assist Head of RC regarding oversight and management of Compliance/Regulatory Risks in Malaysia.
- Table creative, risk-focused and solutions-driven strategies to complex issues and initiatives.
- Ensure appropriate identification, management and reporting of RC issues emanating from Malaysia.
- Provide local solutions to complex global issues/initiatives in an ever changing, high-risk environment
- Proactively monitors the implementation of Regulatory conduct risk controls
- University degree holder in a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of compliance, risk or regulatory experience within the financial services industry.
- Sound knowledge of BNM regulations; emerging issues and trends in financial services regulatory environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business
- Good working knowledge of financial services regulations, regulatory protocols and banking products.
- Possess sound analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues;
- Experience of interpreting and analysing a large volume of information and / or data and provide succinct summary for management;