Manager Regulatory Affairs
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
HSBC is one of the largest banking and financial services organisations in the world, with operations in 64 countries and territories. We aim to be where the growth is, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and, ultimately, helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join our team in the role of Manager Regulatory Affairs .
The Manager Regulatory Affairs is responsible for supporting the Head of Regulatory Conduct and Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager in ensuring that there are "no surprises" in relation to regulatory developments affecting all HSBC entities in Malaysia (HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad, HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad, HSBC (Malaysia) Trustee Berhad, HSBC Limited Offshore Banking Unit Labuan and HSBC Corporate Advisory (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd) (collectively "HSBC Malaysia") or dealings with regulators, and in particular as they relate to Compliance risks. Principal responsibilities
The responsibilities of the Manager Regulatory Affairs are to:
- Support Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager in the formalization and maintenance of the Compliance portfolio of regulatory development and change themes, to be agreed as the demand requires and ensuring the effective hand-off to the Risk Stewards within Compliance to enable them to provide 2nd LoD oversight of implementation of regulatory change.
- Support Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager in the delivery of the strategic direction of Regulatory Affairs ("RA").
- Support the Head of Regulatory Conduct and Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager with identifying and assessing impact of regulatory developments.
- Support consultation responses in relation to material regulatory developments.
- Support Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager with the production and delivery of appropriate Management Information in relation to regulatory developments and regulatory engagements.
- Provide support for on-shore and cross-border regulatory engagements and requests from Regulators.
- Assist Head of Regulatory Conduct with the delivery of regular Regulatory Compliance updates including risk profile, regulatory developments, engagements and whistleblowing for HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad and HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad's RMM, Board Committees and Boards.
- Assist Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager with the secretariat function of the Compliance Risk Oversight Committee ("CROC").
- Assist with the delivery of the regulatory reports owned by RA.
- Support Head of Regulatory Conduct with the implementation and embedment of the Global Conduct framework in Malaysia
- Contribute Conduct Compliance subject matter expertise, advice and challenge to Compliance Advisory teams, Global Businesses and Functions.
- Some risk, compliance or regulatory experience across business lines or functions or with experience in HSBC predominant business lines or functions.
- Some experience of working with a wide range of stakeholders, including business/ Global Functions senior management and regulators.
- Some experience of HSBC Group structure, its business and personnel and a strong understanding of HSBC's corporate culture.
- Regulators and their agenda / approach
- Regulations as applicable to the bank
- HSBC organisation and governance structures;
- Design and coordination of processes; and
- Stakeholder management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to project authority, negotiate effectively and influence others.
- Strong time and project management skills, including the ability to handle multiple outputs simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Ability to distil complex regulatory requirements and communicate them effectively to stakeholders.
- Typically, qualifications would include an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or a related field, or a legal or accounting professional qualification
Due to the urgent hiring need, candidates with immediate right to work locally and no relocation needed will be prioritised.
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.