Manager, Proposition Retail Business Banking
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
Manager, Proposition Retail Business Banking
Some careers have more impact than others
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Manager, Proposition Retail Business Banking.
The jobholder is the key person for executing of the RBB proposition strategy in Malaysia with major responsibilities as follows:
Impact on the Business
- Responsible for supporting a globally consistent strategy for RBB to ensure strategic alignment and fit with the RBWM strategy.
- Help to define and implement the strategies of RBB Proposition.
- Developing and executing product strategy to build up a strong and differentiated capability for business delivery.
- Responsible for implementation of scalable and standardized business practices for RBB which will drive revenue enhancement to support RBB AOP and underpin RBWM strategic aspects of growing our RBB business.
- Integration of market leading practices to improve HSBC global market positioning in RBB.
- Lead and partner globally with other global teams and functions to develop appropriate components and parts of strategy and practice for RBB business.
- The role will drive the initiatives of RBB proposition to customers. Stakeholder management is therefore multi-faceted across geography, proposition, product, and functions, channels, both internal and external to RBWM.
- Responsible for obtaining buy-in from and influence senior management and stakeholders for specific key initiatives, commitments and changes.
- Drive the development and execution of RBB proposition and products with various stakeholders to ultimately benefit the provision of services to customer.
- Foster and develop a customer centric ethos, using SME expertise to continuously identify with stakeholders strategic opportunities in the most cost effective manner.
- Oversee the identification of opportunities to acquire and grow customer relationships and increase their profitability through improved targeting, best-in-class product/services, motivated sales force, and appropriate channel strategies.
- Ensure the proper and timely completion of all activities supporting the proposition to meet customer needs with profitable client strategies, while adhering to established internal policies and external regulations.
- Develop & maintain close working relationships with other Group, Region and Country (and in country departments) as key stakeholders, to ensure coordinated delivery for the Bank's customers.
- Develop an expert knowledge of customer base, market trends, and competitor activities in order to manage strategic direction.
- Demonstrating strong and clear leadership to ensure the teams to deliver high execution result.
- Communicate a clear vision for RBWM that is aligned to the overall HSBC vision, Values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer-centred culture.
- Lead, develop and motivate the leadership team to attract, retain and develop the capacity, capability and talent to provide for succession and ensure delivery of business objectives.
- Set expectations, share best practice and manage, monitor, coach and develop team leaders and others to ensure that they maximise their performance, meet the required standards, and continuously develop their capabilities and experience.
- Lead and encourage constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
- Aligning with other RBWM teams under a highly joined up manner to lead or support the implementation of strategy and initiatives with high level of ownership.
- Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- The role is responsible for the work of other managers.
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximise end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Maintain a robust and efficient control environment across RBWM to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Implement and monitor the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Support the development and maintenance of Target Operating Models and FIMs where required linked to areas of accountability.
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business marketing, economics.
- Around 6-8 years of proven banking experience with sound knowledge of commercial banking/business banking products.
- Extensive experience of market research, strategy development, proposition and product development, marketing across specific financial product categories and customer segments.
- Thorough understanding of customer segmentation and management techniques, as well as propositions and products with relevant regulations impacting them.
- Depth of exposure and experience with SME propositions and products.