Manager, Policy Servicing
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 17 Nov 17 2017-11-17
Manager, Policy Servicing
Some careers have more impact than others
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Amanah Takaful leverages the HSBC Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to offer a wide range of innovative and accessible Family Solidarity and General Takaful products to both consumers and corporate customers throughout Malaysia.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Manager, Policy Servicing.
Reporting to the Head of Takaful Operations, this role will contribute to the development of, review and implementation of operations strategies for the Takaful business. This includes:
- Managing allocation of resources and execution of the operation including management information reporting, operational planning and support, policy servicing and administration, processing efficiencies and service performance.
- Developing the operations team as a customer-centric service centre with the aim to deliver cost effective and efficient service to policyholders, intermediaries and employees.
- Developing operational guidelines and procedures to ensure compliance with Group guidelines and maintain high quality service standard.
- Acting as a specialist in providing operations advice and able to recommend strategic business solutions to improve efficiency of the business.
- Overseeing and providing guidance and direction for servicing functions in the Company, and IBS.
- Responsible for the Operational readiness for any new products or special schemes which includes promulgating servicing guidelines, workflow, SOP and forms.
- Monitoring client servicing standards and continuously review and initiate actions for staff with the aim of achieving service excellence to be proud of.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are continually reviewed and improved and the changes are implemented effectively.
- Identifying and mitigating risks in the servicing functions arising out of people, processes and systems. Perform quarterly risk review and updates Risk Coordinator
He/she will drive continuous improvements in HTS service performance ensuring that Insurance operational quality and processes are in place and well managed.
- At least 5-7 years' experience in management position with exposure to appraisals, counseling, team building and staff development.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by achievement of objectives together with a track record of development of individuals with strong organization and planning skills along with the ability to handle capacity and MI reporting.
- Ability to build and maintain relations with business units and continuously give feedback by stringent follow up on service level agreements.
- Evidence of strong analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends, make projections and to interpret numeric information.
- Evidence of strong operational decision making and be able to provide analytical support to the teams.
- Experience of successfully managing and developing a team in a previous role.
- Evidence of process management skills with an ability to initiate process improvements.
- Initiate cost control measures by achieving resource efficiency and managing overheads.