Manager, Merchant Support
*For internal staff please apply internal transfer via HRMS (https://myhrms.hlbank.my) with the information below: JR Number:
Refer to the above Job Number next to position title Location Code:
MYMHL10000 Department Code:
MY10006497 Designation Code:
MMSPT Job Responsibilities:
- Responsibility in merchant payment related to Merchant transaction, payments and terminal for reversal/ refund, manual settlement and reconciliation.
- Manage the team in processing and completing the day-to-day operations as well as develop and enhance processes for merchant payment case management.
- Build a close working relationship with key shareholders across business unit, compliance, risk operation and merchant helpdesk to assist ensure timely and accurate resolution of issues or cases and comply with bank regulation and compliance.
- Drive analysis to detect trends / root cause of issues and develop remedial actions with relevant stakeholders.
- Achieve cost saving, efficiency & effectiveness by leveraging on improving processes and/or technology in handling merchant cases.
- Support the continued development and refinement of Payments & Merchants standard operating procedure (SOP) and metrics to drive continuous process and SLA improvements.
- Provide feedback to other units & follow-up on action plans to resolve root cause of issues, where applicable.
- To participate project meeting in the stage of URS review and UAT testing. To monitor the result post-Implementation of any project to ensure no impact to Merchant payment team.
- Monitoring section expenses for cost saving and regularly review process to improve process efficiency in handling merchant case.
- Support cross function within team in Card and Merchant Operation.
- Comply with bank policy, regulation and BNM guidelines as necessary.
- Ensure no backlog exist in own scope and team where to mobilize the resources according team capacity.
- Escalation in placed when team encountered problem. Such like backlog, critical error and system problem.