Manager, General Takaful Ops
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 21 Jan 18 2018-01-21
Manager, General Takaful Ops
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Amanah Takaful (INMY) leverages the HSBC Group's international experience and expertise in Islamic finance to offer a wide range of innovative and accessible Family Solidarity and General Takaful products to both consumers and corporate customers throughout Malaysia.
Managing the underwriting portfolio and operation of General Takaful and Group Takaful Operations.
Duties include ensuring strict compliance to group & local guidelines, regulatory requirements and treaty protection at all times and responsible for General Retakaful treaty renewal and reporting to BNM on a timely manner. Develop, monitor and administer department administrative systems, procedures and work processes for smooth operations and continuous improvements.
- Ensure that Underwriting Guidelines and SOPs are strictly adhered to. Take immediate corrective action where controls and procedures are being breached.
- Manage treaty portfolio and involve in the GI treaty renewal.
- Manage the facultative retakaful and co-takaful placement to protect the company exposure.
- Develop and maintain effective / positive relationships with brokers and reinsurers.
- Support the business growth and strategy by preparing and providing operational guidelines, workflow and SOP.
- Comply with Group's Statutory Audit standards and manage the General Takaful portfolio ensuring its shariah compliant, sustainable and profitable.
- Essential good time management in order to meet SLA in the Underwriting functions, monthly reports and projects timeline.
- Good interpersonal skills and work well will all levels of management and partners. Must be able to communicate well, manage and motive the underwriting team.
- Technical skills and with at least 4-5 years' experience in General underwriting & Treaty Retakaful.
- Exposure to Takaful/Shariah compliant underwriting would be an advantage.
- More than 8 years' experience in management position with exposure to business operations, appraisals, counseling, team building and staff development.
- Strong leadership skills evidenced by achievement of objectives together with a track record of development of individuals with strong organization and planning skills along with the ability to handle capacity and MI reporting.
- Ability to build and maintain relations with business units and continuously give feedback by stringent follow up on service level agreements.
- Evidence of strong analytical, statistical and data mining skills to study trends, make projections and to interpret numeric information.
- Evidence of strong operational decision making and be able to provide analytical support to the teams.
- Evidence of process management skills with an ability to initiate process improvements.