Manager, Fund Accounting - Private Capital Services
What is the opportunity?
RBC Investor & Treasury Services, Malaysia is a center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. RBC I&TS's Private Capital Services delivers specialist corporate fund administration, fund accounting, transaction management and shareholder services to Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure Funds and other Private Capital Services Structures.
The Fund Accounting Manager, PCS Malaysia will assure the organisation of the day to day work of the Fund Accounting administration team, act as an escalation point for the oversight teams in the 'home country', and support the coaching and development of new and developing team members.
Working hours: 4:00pm - 1:00am What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must-have
- Manage and motivate the team to produce consistently high quality NAV production and other fund accounting deliverables, including SPV controller activities, ensuring day to day operations within the team are efficient and productive
- Act as local PCS Fund accounting SME and lead interface with centres of expertise for fund accounting and Oversight
- Continuously develop skills & abilities individually and for direct reports
- Foster a client mindset to ensure delivery of the services to internal and external clients within prescribed timeframes with a high level of quality
- Focus on quality, efficiency and risk mitigation programs and continuous development, with a focus on risk mitigation in order to regularly exceed required Service Level Agreement & KPI/KQI targets
- Support and lead recruitment and team development to assure the continuing capability and capacity required to enable disciplined best execution of all client focused initiatives, to include hiring, people development, team structuring, workflow oversight, and change and onboarding tracking and stakeholder management
- Through participation in working groups and other forums, support the shared objectives of Client Operations, Malaysia
- Minimum 5 years in relevant financial service expertise; previous experience years in a management role (preferred)
- Operational Management experience
- Good knowledge about Fund/Trust Industry and Financial Markets in general and familiarity with illiquid asset classes such as real estate, private held equity and private debt
- Prior exposure to Operational Risk and the corresponding risk monitoring tools
- Robust people management capability
What's in it for you?
- Private equity or real estate fund administration expertise within an industry or professional services environment
- Business administration or professional qualification (e.g. accountancy)
- Cross-border operating model and transitions experience
- Project management experience, with an emphasis on operational enhancement
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded