Manager, FMO Strategy
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To support FMO Strategy Head, in the development of overall learning and development strategy and direction.
- To support FMO Strategy Head, in delivery of the learning and development agenda and deliverables.
- To support FMO Strategy Head, in capacity planning, Lean process improvement to promote efficiency and scalability.
- To lead and execute any strategic projects and initiatives for the business.
- To build learning & development for Financial Market Operations.
- Align learning across Financial Market Operations and with Group's strategy.
- Partnering with the Learning Academy to build a structured learning road map for Financial Markets Operations.
- Competency led growth path defined for the employees.
People and Talent
- Collaborate with Learning Academy to meet and achieve the needs of the business.
- Partner with business and buy in from Unit heads on learning initiatives.
- A Standardized and structured training path for new hires and FMO staff.
- Engage business on building competency framework for every function and identify skill matrix.
- Collate competency gap analysis database.
- Engage business SMEs for building and developing in house certifications.
- Be instrumental in creating a continuous learning structure.
- Create a vibrant workplace and maximize learning potential.
- Build stronger understanding of product and process across all levels
- Build Strong SME training SPoCs - as key enablers to achieve desired objectives
- Employee engagement & drive initiatives in collaboration with business across all locations.
- Unify and inspire employees through a common sense of purpose and identity.
- Understanding deadlines & risks associated with Financial Markets Operations business
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Employee scorecard / team scorecard to be defined & tracked across all functions.
- Process knowledge test to be administered on a regular basis to arrive training needs & Ad hoc refreshers on the basis of that.
- Based competency framework and gap analysis from skill matrix, relevant courses / workshops to be suggested to staff, identify target completion and track the same.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the unit to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Business and Learning Academy
Our Ideal Candidate
- Contribute to embed "Here for good" and Group's brand and valued behaviours in the unit.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Possess strong communication and inter-personal relationship skills.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and basic accounting knowledge.
- Recognize and manage complexity.
- Good People Management skills.
- Prioritization and Delegation of activities.
- Problem solving / Trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent PC skills: MS Professional.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Independent but a good team player.
- Ability to handle stakeholders at Senior Management levels
- Good knowledge in FM products.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .