About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose:
- Review level 2 AML alerts in line with the Trade AML Procedure document and Red Flag document
- To escalate any positive alerts to country FCC for their review and decision
- To ensure implementation of Trade AML policies in line with the procedures in vogue
- To work with stakeholders (including Trade Product, Engineering, Group FCC, Group TB) to work on AML related issues.
- To continuously provide input to stakeholders on improving the overall AML process - including system related.
- Review pre and post transaction alerts from an AML perspective via Trade AML
- Ensure that appropriate systems, procedures and controls are in place in line with the existing policies and are operating efficiently for Trade
- Ensure timely submissions of monthly MIS with respect to Trade AML alerts and reports to country / FCC
- Ensure timely review and escalation of alerts via Trade AML System to country FCC/RFCIO
- Coordinating Trade AML rollout across all markets in line with the group implementation plan
- Coordinate IT initiatives/ issues with respect to Trade AML system in use by Operations/ AML Advisors
- Coordinate BCP / DR testing in addition to taking appropriate measure for managing a crisis situation
- Build skill and talent by undertaking local/international certifications relating to AML
- Initiate and drive operational excellence activities.
- Secure 'Acceptable' audit ratings for the unit and ensure timely resolution of audit and AML risk related issues
- Ensure the team complies with the organization ILDP program
- Provide inputs to the training team on AML as required
- Conduct regular connects with the Operations' team in Trade, to share cases and new learning, if any.
- Ensure low levels of attrition in the AML team.
- Conduct regular skip levels with the staff in the team to ensure employee morale is high
- To keep the team updated on important aspects of AML policies and procedures from time to time so that the entire team is up the speed with the current policies.
- Professional with a combination of Trade and AML knowledge
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts across various stakeholders
- Understanding of relevant Group, Trade AML policies and standards
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An inquisitive approach to practices and procedures.
- Personal authority and integrity.
- Independence, resilience and good judgement.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.