Manager, Credit Risk Management Unsecured
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of credit policies and risk management strategies for effective portfolio management to meet given goals.
- Development and management of portfolio MIS for effective portfolio tracking, triggers and exploration to assist the business in achieving the optimum risk reward equation.
- Support Business in existing and new product and services management in area of expertise and continuous liaison with all support centers to meet business objectives.
DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF CREDIT POLICIES AND RISK MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- Manage PROBE, UAT and Changes.
- Development, implementation and execution of policies and strategies for better portfolio management.
- Strategic initiatives via test cells to explore new opportunities and challenge the effectiveness of existing policies.
- To support smooth implementation of credit polices to ensure effective execution.
- Ensure development of high quality MIS to monitor on-us and off-us portfolio shifts via segmentation and identify risks and opportunities. Ensure MIS decks provide segmentation based on Risk Decision Framework, risk grades and profitability indicators.
- Conduct program tracking to ensure continuous validation of Portfolio Management Strategies.
- Contribute to design of credit process around portfolio activation/ intervention and drive automation to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of portfolio management process.
- Continuously improve the way we work by driving cost effectiveness and automation of credit processes at the same time ensuring high quality of deliverables.
- Understand sensitivities to key risk drivers and potential stress impact on the portfolio. Monitor external factors such as state of the economy, regulatory environment and other emerging risk trends. Ensure that Portfolio Standards evolve appropriately to proactively manage changes in external environment, strategy and/or risk appetite.
- Monitor, review and control risk profiles (e.g. Risk grade migration, risk concentration, RWA) to ensure that portfolio shape is in line with strategy.
- Ensure compliance with the Group's standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are complied with.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.