Manager - Financial Market Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
The role holder is accountable for the service delivery (through service, cost and risk levels) of an entire unit for a set of products across one or more geographies. They ensure effective risk mitigation and continuous service improvement through strong engagement of a number of teams, financial and capacity management.
The Role Responsibilities
- To assist the GBS FMO Country Head / Senior manager in managing of all BAU functions for Foreign Exchange and Money Market products which focus in two main components - Confirmation and Settlement.
- To facilitate treasury processing across various FM Asset classes in a prompt and efficient manners
- To maintain good business relationship with Front Office, Sales , Relationship Manager and country stakeholders
- To ensure processes are in compliance to the group standard and eliminating any process waste
- To provide constructive feedbacks within or outside the bank which aligned with FM objectives
Our Ideal Candidate Qualification & Experience
- Manage end-to-end operations processing for FX and Money Market products.
- Provide alternate solution in business discussion and enforce the best market practices to improve client services
- Investigate GL Suspense and Nostro accounts imbalances
- Ensure control measures introduced to increase operations efficiency and accuracy are adhered to.
- Review and update DOIs for process and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Escalate/manage any exceptions in terms of operational and settlement risks.
- Perform check and monitor CST and KCI on BAU processes.
- Report Key Risks on BAU processes.
- Report any suspicious trades in accordance to the Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
- Ensure audit and control issues are adhered to and provide resolutions to improve the control measurements.
- Provides continuous coaching and career development to entire team.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Degree, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in Back Office Operations.
- Product Knowledge - Expert
- Product knowledge on Derivatives (FX, Rates, Commodity and Credit), Fixed Income, FX, Money Market
- Experience of working within treasury function in trade verification or matching or settlements
- Process Management - Advanced
- Capacity Planning - Advanced
- Operations Risk Management - Advanced
- Precision/Accuracy - Advanced
- Customer Centric - Advanced
- Communication - Advanced
- Problem Resolution - Advanced
- Financial & Budgetary Management - Introductory
- People Management - Core
- Strategy Formulation & Implementation - Core
- Change Management - Introductory
- Stakeholder Management - Core
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .