Manager – Sustainability
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivalled opportunities to realise your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
Deloitte Asia Pacific is searching for a suitable candidate to join the team of the regional United Nations Account as Manager with a focus on sustainability work. Background
The United Nations Account within Deloitte Asia Pacific is fast growing and dynamic. It offers its members an unparalleled opportunity to develop their leadership capabilities and to be part of a team of professionals dedicated to making an impact that matters. In view of its regional expansion, the firm is seeking to hire a Manager to support its work for the United Nations and Donor organizations as well as commercial organizations, with a focus on sustainability-related engagements. The location of placement is Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, but assignments might take place throughout Asia Pacific. Scope of Work
The Manager will work on several tasks related to sustainability reporting, sustainability advisory and strategy, including:
Your role as a leader
- Business development across sectors.
- Development of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)-/Sustainability-related services for the Asia Pacific market (for both United Nations and commercial organizations).
- Research and proposal drafting.
- Project delivery and management.
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of Deloitte and our clients and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
Suitable candidates will fulfill the following requirements:
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Master's degree from an internationally-recognized university.
- 5-7 years of work experience related to sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR), preferably in a consulting/advisory environment.
- Experience in CSR/sustainability reporting assurance.
- Proven thematic expertise regarding SDG integration in government, private sector and civil society.
- Proven thematic expertise regarding environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risk and impact investing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Fluency in English (additional proficiency in Southeast Asian or official UN language is an asset).
- Previous experience in a developing/emerging markets in Asia is an asset.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: ME52-169456-2019