Manager – Service Management – Security Technology
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Global Business Services Sdn Bhd
- 23 May 19
Manager – Service Management – Security Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank. It is the STS mission to protect the Bank from information security threats by delivering effective information security services, responding to security incidents and educating staff. The STS team is instrumental in ensuring the Bank soundly meets its commitments to internal and external stakeholders and maintains an appropriate cyber security defence posture. Furthermore, the STS team plays a significant part in the Bank's 'Here for Good' vision and brand promise.
The importance of our mission has strengthened over time and is a principle concern for shareholders, clients, regulators and the communities we operate in. Our Banks success depends on the Group Information Security Function to maintain the correct balance of security capabilities and risk management across the all businesses and functions across our global footprint.
Main Purpose of Job:
To be the focal point and process champion for processes relating to change management, problem management and IT Asset Management for STS. To ensure the delivery of the process and reporting needs are being met on timely manner. Drives continues improvements with the service operations teams pertaining to change, problem management and IT Asset Management. To manage and coordinate end to end issues/escalations pertaining to change, problem and IT Asset Management.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Process Champion for STS Change Management/Problem Management process is being followed correctly.
- To setup and manage STS IT Asset inventories and ensure the information is up to date.
- To setup and design CAB processes for STS and chair the CAB meetings.
- To design, analyse and implement the required reporting metrics to measure effectiveness and process adherence for change management/problem management by the service operations teams.
- Conduct post implementation reviews and minutes of meetings of the CAB.
- Be the focal point for STS with Technology Services pertaining to STS Change Management/Problem Management and IT Asset Management
- Maintains records on changes that caused incidents and ensures PIR is in place
- Escalate matters to line manager and senior management if critical/high risks issues are detected.
- Maintains records on issues/escalations and follow up on the required actions to close those issues/escalations.
- Analyzing Incidents (especially Critical Incidents) and closed Problems to identify and act upon trends Tracking open Problems and identifying any Problem that requires increased focus to meet agreed target levels
- Providing and validating Problem resolution ad hoc status reports as requested
- Handling day-to-day Problem issues and escalating to Resolver Groups when required to ensure targets are met.
- Implement a mechanism to record Known Errors within the account and the associated workarounds
- Facilitate between Resolver groups, and 3rd parties as required
- Engage with service operations teams to arrange for and schedule resources / actions, co-ordinate the investigation and solutioning of Known Errors, so that proposals can be made with the options available
- Agreeing closure of Problem Investigations
- Create awareness campaign amongst service operations teams about problem Management. Monitoring regular Problem measurements e.g. KPIs, Ensure that key Knowledge is passed from the Problem Management process out into other processes (Ensuring that lessons learnt are recorded in the various knowledge bases held within the account teams, and shared wherever beneficial)
- Co-ordinate the focus of detailed trending aligned with target areas identified. Conduct high level overview trending (especially around Critical Incidents), Provide feedback to Incident Categorization based upon findings in Problem management to improve the quality
- Bachelor's degree in computer related major
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in writing reports for senior stakeholders is an added advantage
- 5+ years hands on experience in ITSM pertaining to incident, change management, problem management and IT Asset Management.
- Preferably have Information Security Management experience
- Have good technical understanding on information security infrastructure and application environments.
- Able to create scripts VB/SQL or Macro and Pivot MS Excel
- Have experience using ITSM ticketing tool (Remedy)
- Tableau experience and having technical security certifications will be an added advantage