MY - Senior Consultant - Business Management Support
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivaled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
You'll have a critical role supporting the consulting leadership team, driving the operation cadence of the consulting portfolios. You'll support the effective and efficient management of the practice, as well as working across the matrix on strategic initiatives. You'll be responsible for:
- Data preparation and analytics for monthly or quarterly business review, annual planning and more.
- Monitor budgets and forecasts or estimate to complete to project and track financial metrics such as revenue, expense, sales, resource utilization etc.
- Perform various analyses such as financial reconciliations and variance analysis and other relevant metrics such as resource utilization etc.
- Prepare high-level data analysis report to senior management.
- Interact periodically with senior level leadership to present financial analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Ability to work effectively with cross function groups such as Finance and Human Resource
- Be involved and take ownership of other projects such as: marketing and planning events, monthly and quarterly meetings etc.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant accounting, business or finance discipline. Skilled in the use of the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Minimum 3+ years proven record in similar capacity (Consulting Practice Support, PMO Executive).
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills. You should ideally know how to work with Macros or keen to pick up such a skill.
- Intermediate skills in developing presentation and reporting materials using Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports.
- Experience with visualization, database and analytical tools (Tableau, Power BI) is a plus.
- Strong attention to details and meticulous.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Emotionally intelligent: high ability to build strong relationships that inspire openness and trust.
- Comfortable with working on difficult issues where there can be no definitive "right" answer; patient in the face of uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to think out-of-the-box, work under pressure and tight project timelines.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
Positions may be based in Malaysia
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-169035-2019