MY - Manager – Finance & Enterprise Performance - Financial Institutions
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you unrivaled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now. Work you'll do
As a Manager within Finance & Enterprise Performance, you'll act as a trusted advisor to CFOs, COOs, CIOs, and key executives. You'll work in the team to advise, implement and deliver as-a-service solutions, helping our clients develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, improve finance operations, and create impact within their organization. You'll support large scale financial transformations by leveraging cutting edge technology and be able to take your career to the next level!
You'll work with Financial Institutions (banks, insurers, asset managers, etc) - combining our finance capability with program and change management expertise to implement and embed improvements and deliver sustainable value. You'll:
- Lead and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies.
- Provide service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Support smaller engagements or components of large, complex engagements.
Specific areas you'll work on include:
- Support clients with implementing policy and procedure with all aspects of ALM (asset and liabilities management) and liquidity.
- Assist clients with complying with the current and upcoming regulatory requirement related to liquidity and ALM.
- Support clients with all stages of Treasury, Liquidity Risk Management and ALM systems.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Managers across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the goals of our clients and Deloitte and align our people to these objectives, setting clear priorities and direction.
- Influence clients, teams, and individuals positively. Leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Delivers exceptional client service. Maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and geographies.
- Develop high-performing teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities and recognize them for the impact that they make.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant accounting, business or finance discipline.
- Certified Accountant or Financial Risk Manager or Financial Analyst (CPA, FRM, CFA, etc).
- Minimum 6 years' experience working in financial services industry in an internal/external advisory role for balance-sheet management, ALM and liquidity risk. Less experienced candidates will be considered for Senior Consultant role.
- In-depth knowledge in pricing/modeling of a wide variety of financial instruments.
- Experience developing a vision for a financial institution and realizing the vision through large scale transformations which provide decision support information across an institution's customer, geographical and product segments, as well as the external economic and competitive environments.
- Experience with implementation of Treasury, Liquidity Risk Management and ALM systems (Moody's Analytics, Oracle, Wolters Kluwer, etc).
- Experience with budgetary responsibilities related to projects or resources.
- Exceptional interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience.
- Ability to build consensus and foster change in ambiguous settings.
- Commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Sense of responsibility to self, team, and client.
- Proven experience effectively prioritising workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Drive, tenacity, client focused and results oriented.
- An appreciation of the consulting lifestyle and ability to travel (both locally and abroad) is a pre-requisite to fit to our short-term and long-term project assignment.
- Willingness to work outside of office base and most of all...
- Ability to be mindfully present and appreciate the humour of each moment.
Positions may be based in Malaysia
but project locations could be anywhere in the Asia-Pacific Region.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In Malaysia, the services are provided by Deloitte and other related entities in Malaysia ("Deloitte in Malaysia"), which are affiliates of Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd. Deloitte Southeast Asia Ltd is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte in Malaysia, which is within the Deloitte Network, is the entity that is providing this Website.
Requisition code: DCSE-167570-2019