- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citigroup Transaction Services (M) Sdn Bhd
- 16 Jan 18
MYS CTSM KL - Operations Support Analyst
MYS CTSM KL - Operations Support Analyst
- Primary Location: Malaysia,Wilayah Persekutuan,Kuala Lumpur
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17080108
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) provides support and strengthens Citigroup's efforts to assist in the global battle against money laundering. In addition, AML assists Citigroup businesses to design and maintain effective, state-of-the-art anti-money laundering programs through the development of consistent and coherent policies, the use of technology to monitor transactions, and up-to-date training. AML works in partnership with government agencies and inter-governmental bodies with anti-money laundering responsibilities and with members of the financial services industry to prevent money laundering. In summary, the mission is to have the best anti-money laundering program of any financial institution in the world.
Optimization is the design and operation of a system or process to make it as effective and efficient as possible by determining whether the existing scenarios provide sufficient coverage of money laundering typologies, maximizing the number of alerts which warrant investigation and minimizing the number of alerts which are easily closed with little or no review needed.
AML SVCI Analyst Description
The AML SVCI Analyst is responsible for investigating activity that exhibits behaviors requiring further explanation and has not been alerted via automated monitoring system but derived according to parameters and models determined by the Scenario Validation and Management Team (legacy Optimization Statistician Team).
Investigations will come from a variety of sources, including alerts generated and sampled for testing below existing thresholds, random selection of customers for review and targeted reviews based on known money laundering risk factors. Through the use of technology and extensive investigative experience, trends are established.
The SVCI (legacy Alert Specialist Team) organization operates in a fast-paced, rigorously audited, and dynamic environment. This position is critical to enhancing the AML systems effectiveness and efficiency.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Accurately gather, maintain and utilize data in various product databases for future reference.
- Conduct searches on gathered data for anomalous activity by utilizing the Internet, in-house and commercial databases, inquiries, bank inquiries, and contact with other investigative entities and Compliance Officers within/outside the institution.
- Conduct enhanced due diligence investigations following Citi policies and procedures.
- Accumulate facts from the investigations to be utilized in presentation to Senior Management and Compliance.
- Evaluate and recommend the submission of suspicious activity reports.
- Create and maintain Cases write-ups.
- Apply/adapt changes obtained from training and the implication of any imposed sanction(s) or laws/regulation(s) to the task at hand.
- Collecting and evaluating the information and preparing clear, well-written comprehensive reports.
- Proficiency in Windows & Windows-based applications (Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in database manipulation is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Internet & commercial database searches to aid in gathering facts for investigations.
- 2 years of AML research/analysis experience preferred.
- Detail oriented.
- Follows policy & work instructions.
- Ability to organize raw data and resources available into an analytical investigative tool -banking product/service knowledge.
- Ability to identify process improvements.
- Excellent written communication skills in order to present reports to Senior Management and Compliance.
- Must be able to coordinate and deal with conflicting time demands
- Proficient in English language