Lead Developer/System Engineer
About the Role
Together with the team, you will have the ability to participate in the development of one of the fastest growing offerings in the history of SWIFT. You will receive the necessary support from your manager based in Kuala Lumpur to ensure your success.
As a Tech Lead, your main focus lies in the Java application development of the SDC Portal. You work hand in hand with the other developers, testers and PAC resources of your team to provide the requested functionalities end to end.
The ideal candidate for this position has excellent technical skills combined with a real sense of leadership and responsibility. He/She is able to build strong partnerships with internal customers and other delivery organizations inside SWIFT. Responsabilities
• Co-ordinate and lead the development of highly complex systems and/or projects across functional and geographical lines and reviews progress regularly with customers and own management.
• Design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements
• Direct the detailed planning of development projects including analyse input/output requirements, information flow, technical requirements, resources needed, and select between alternative systems solutions in order to make a proposal to the customer. Initate and lead development of complex prototypes.
• Quality is part of everything you do
• Develop and maintain technical documentation.
• Lead, design and implement integration and automated tests
• Lead the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
• Prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks
• Review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
• Analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to management.
• Prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions
• Work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
• Develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
• Provide expert specialist support and leadership to staff and customers, and lead and direct teams and/or projects, assist and give guidance in resolving the most complex problems..
• Provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to time lines when necessary
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
• Demonstrate customer centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
• Organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
• Give presentations to management and customers on development solutions, project risks and dependencies within the overall plan.
• Forms and mobilises teams; contributes to team effectiveness through people management or professional leadership; respects diversity and encourages others to do so; provides motivational opportunities and recognises differences in team member contributions; serves as a role model by living SWIFT values.
• Communicates business strategies and approaches in challenging circumstances; adjusts communication style to optimise effectiveness in a multi-lingual environment; provides clarification of key corporate initiatives and messages; recognises and respects the points of view of others. Qualifications
• Minimum 12 years of IT development experience in a (preferably) international setting.
• Min 3 years exposure to the team leader role Technical Skills Requirements:
• Substantial Java development knowledge: Core and Web Java, Spring Framework, web services, Tomcat
• Collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
• Build the design system code in Angular 2 and above
• Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, Ajax, JSON, RESTFul web-services
• Strong application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
• Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: GIT/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Docker, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools.
• Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment Professional Skills Requirements:
• Creativity and innovation
• Adaptability and responsiveness to change
• Take accountability for delivering results
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral What we offer Company & department description
SWIFT is a member-owned cooperative that provides the communications platform, products and services to connect more than 10,800 banking organizations, securities institutions and corporate customers in over 200 countries and territories. SWIFT enables its users to exchange automated, standardized financial information securely and reliably, thereby lowering costs, reducing operational risk and eliminating operational inefficiencies. SWIFT also brings the financial community together to work collaboratively to shape market practice, define standards and debate issues of mutual interest. SWIFT is headquartered in Belgium and has over 24 offices worldwide What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.