Investigator - Shared Investigative Services (SIS)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To help and promote and manage, throughout the business, the culture and practice of SIS and to ensure staff adhere to proper risk management within the Group policy and risk management framework
- Monitor developments in financial crime and misconduct including internal trends and ensure team awareness of the same.
- Develop good working relationships with business and function stakeholders to ensure appropriate senior management are kept informed of the relevant investigative developments.
- As directed by Head, Investigations - GBS, conduct investigations according to SIS Policy and Procedures.
- As directed, investigate data leakage cases, and assist in promoting awareness of the importance of confidentiality of bank Information.
- Ensure all investigation records are kept per Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Work with relevant peer functions including, but not limited to, Forensics, GIS/STS, Legal, Audit, Compliance, FCC, ER and HR to support investigations.
- Maintain close interaction with those Risk Owners to whom responsibility is delegated to ensure resolution of system and control improvements identified through the Group Investigations process
- Ensure regional senior management are fully informed of all key risks and issues in area of responsibility and reported in line with Bank's operational risk process.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Reinforce an effective and exemplary risk and control culture and further strengthen the control environment
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to matters arising.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- SIS Regional Team
- SIS Management Team
- SIS Forensics Team
- Business and Function heads
- Financial Crime Compliance
- At least 3 years substantive background in either risk, audit, control and governance, local expertise in investigations or prosecutorial and regulatory agency environment
- Proven track record in managing diverse stakeholder groups and ability to navigate across Country, Region and Group
- Excellent investigation, analytical, problem solving, risk mitigation and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of information sources and evidence handling specifically with reference to electronic evidence
- Understanding of the key features of relevant laws and regulations relevant to Bank and the role of Investigations
- Knowledge and sound judgement of business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.