Information Security Manager, Third Party Security Risk
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank's data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. As a critical function reporting into the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Office of the CISO serves as the second line of defence for assuring ICS controls are implemented effectively and in accordance with the ICS Risk Framework and for instilling a culture of cyber security within the Bank. The Group CISO is responsible for ICS governance, strategy, policy, awareness, training, risk assessments, red teaming, third party security risk, industry partnerships, and regulatory engagement. As such, the Office of the CISO is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its ICS commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board.
The Information Security Manager role sits within the Third Party Security Risk team. The main responsibility of the Information Security Manager will be to support the Global Head of Third Party Security Risk in delivering the third party security risk program through third party security assessments of the information security controls environment at external Third Parties, whom have access to non-public information and/or Bank's systems that process those information. Key Responsibilities
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Interact with all levels of management within the Bank while performing third party security assessments of Third Parties across all of the Bank's markets
- Effectively communicate the security risks to internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicate and manage relationships with stakeholders globally
- Assist in ensuring compliance with relevant regulations covering third party security risk
- Maintain a register of third party security risks and ensure that deficiencies are mitigated
- Diligently provide weekly and ad hoc reporting on the status of assessments
- Support any training and awareness initiatives relating to third party security risk
- Support and assist in third party program improvement initiatives
People and Talent (if applicable)
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate leadership ability to ensure that the team achieves the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Experience, Skills and Qualification
- Provide mentoring and support as required across the team and CISO organisation
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Minimum 7 years experience in information security / IT auditing, preferably with Big 4 and/or Banking & Financial services experience
- Experience in third party audits is a plus, but understanding of auditing standards, compliance, risk assessment and internal control frameworks is a requirement
- Familiarity with working in a multi-national company or cross-cultural setting
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to draft reports that clearly communicate observations and risks would be required
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills, and ability to interact at all levels across an organisation
- Strong audit project organisation and management skills
- Ability to multitask and ensure that all key priorities are delivered as per agreed timelines
- Knowledge of security frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISF, COSO), standards (e.g. ISO, NIST, CIS), information security principles, security architecture and regulatory requirements will be a plus
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.