Incident and Business Continuity Advisor
What is the opportunity?
I & TS Malaysia is a processing center of operational excellence supporting 10 countries across three geographic time zones. The country employs a global operating model to maximise efficiencies across time zones and supports a 24/5 operations.
As a Senior Manager, he/she will support the Business Segment or Geographical Unit, through high priority incidents management, ensuring RBC Businesses meet the maximum level of preparedness, conforming to RBC BCM Standards for Incident Management (IM) and Business Continuity Planning (BCP). Supports business recovery strategies and co-ordinates tactical planning and activities to achieve these. Region : APAC Working hours : 9:00am - 6:00pm What will you do?
- As part of a global team, support business through day to day, high priority incident management, acting as the primary contact for Priority 2 & Priority 1 escalation. Leading and facilitating Business IM calls as required.
- Prepare business lines for potential disruption through communication and reporting processes re: Incident Management, Business Continuity and Recovery Strategy within area(s) of responsibility.
- Collect impacts from incidents on operational teams, clients and regulators, eport on high priority incidents impacting the business and tracking actions resulting.
- Responsibility for the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plan Development/Maintenance, to implement appropriate BCM contingency plans and associated controls.
- Coordinates tactical activities of BCM in Europe including: Complete Business Impact Assessments (BIA) to understand the impact of process failures, Remain apprised of environmental and potential business-impacting BCM related risks and Conducts BCM exercises to validate planning assumptions and test controls (including work area recovery, contact exercises and simulations as required).
- Advise and recommend on continuity strategies in the identification of risks, the determination of risk tolerances, the selection of appropriate recovery strategies.
- Identify gaps in application capabilities requirements working with the business and IT to resolve the gap through acceptance, work arounds or an enhancement project.
What's in it for you?
- Post-secondary education with an accounting/finance or business concentration or equivalent experience.
- 10-15 years financial services industry experience in an operations environment.
- Superior interpersonal and networking skills with a proven track record of dealing with clients, industry associations, senior management, colleagues and staff including superior communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong innovation, change management orientation and strong business acumen, profit orientation and Risk management and mitigation focus.
- Knowledge of Incident Management, Business Continuity Management and Financial Services.
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including performance based bonuses, flexible benefits, and competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- A world-class training program in financial services
- A collaborative dynamic culture where personal initiative and hard work are recognized and rewarded