IT Solution Architect (ITSA)
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services Industry/Sector
Not Applicable Specialism
IFS - Information Technology (IT) Management Level
Senior Manager Job Description & Summary
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients. Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop & maintain IT solution architecture standards (involving application development, cloud computing, infrastructure technologies & digitalisation) in alignment with network technology standards.
- Facilitate research, design, development & integration of technology architectures to align with business strategy, goals & objectives (i.e. ensure fit-for-purpose).
- Collaborate with business & IT stakeholders to understand business requirements & provide prescriptive guidance across application architecture, networking, storage, operating systems, virtualisation, databases & cloud computing (i.e. private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS, SaaS platforms).
- Lead governance processes of new technologies & solutions through periodic review meetings to ensure compliance with IT solution architecture standards.
- Determine long term system needs & corresponding hardware & software acquisitions, enhancements & upgrades in alignment with IT solution architecture standards.
- Maintain knowledge of current & emerging technologies/products/trends related to architectural solutions (both externally & internally within the network).
- Consult with IT stakeholders to develop IT technical frameworks that support business applications & processes.
- Lead the development of technology strategies & road maps for emerging technologies, evaluate usefulness & make recommendations regarding selected technologies. Design & implement new technology proof-of-concepts in collaboration with IT stakeholders.
- Participate in evaluation of vendor solutions to determine conformance with IT solution architecture standards & appropriate fit with business needs.
- Prepare presentations, documents, diagrams, models & other artifacts as required to communicate analysis, recommendations or designs.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 15 years overall IT industry experience.
- At least 5+ years in a solution architect role using service & hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS & SaaS platforms. Experience with on-premise to Google/Microsoft cloud migrations preferred.
- Possess expert knowledge in the following disciplines: application development, cloud computing, infrastructure technologies & digitalisation (e.g. data & analytics, robotics, IoT, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain etc.).
- Possess robust & current knowledge of web/API/SOA/mobile technologies, trends, principles, standards, frameworks & best practices e.g. Agile, DevOps.
- Extensive, real world experience designing technology components for enterprise solutions & defining solution architectures & reference architectures with a focus on cloud technologies.
Additional application instruction
- Ability to translate business capabilities & requirements into solution architecture requirements & empower a diverse audience of decision makers.
- Innovative & creative thinker in the development of strategies & solutions.
- Process & continuous improvement mindset with a knack for controls, automation & efficiency.
- Ability to work in a team & maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills including effective presentation skills to small & large groups & different audience-types (executive, business, technical).
- Able to prioritise & manage multiple assignments & meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving & analytical skills with a keen attention to detail.
Please attach the following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Academic Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English Travel Requirements
Not Specified Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
No Job Posting End Date