Head of Solution Architecture
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technical managers to lead, coach, grow, and partner with technically skilled, customer-facing Solution Architects. You will help develop the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects team by enabling and coaching them on best practices, solution selling, presentation and speaking skills, as well as how to create and present value-driven architectures of widely varying size and complexity. In collaboration with sales, you will enable business outcomes across a broad set of customers. If you think you have what it takes to lead the best in the industry, AWS is hiring.
This role is to lead the Solutions Architecture (SA) function for the AWS WWPS Malaysia business. The Malaysia SA team comprises of Individual Contributor SAs across Public Sector and Partner customer segments. The role is tasked with three primary responsibilities, 1) recruit, hire and develop SA talent that addresses the needs of the AWS Malaysia business, 2) demonstrating technical thought leadership through direct customer/partner engagement at the most senior levels and delivering significant works that have strategic implications to the business, and 3) help design, develop and drive strategic and cross-functional initiatives to achieve business objectives and revenues for Malaysia and the broader ASEAN region
In this role, you will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well as effective in shaping the customer and solutions-focused skills of your team. You must enjoy learning and introducing new technology in order to help colleagues and customers embrace and adopt new technology. Furthermore, thought leadership in terms of looking beyond the technology and considering the value technology creates for our customers, and helping to change how technology is viewed are important aspects of the role. You will help team members ramp-up on AWS as well as develop speaking, writing, presentation, and executive interaction skills.
You will also need to be adept at interacting, communicating and partnering with other departments within AWS such as our services teams, marketing, and professional services, as well as representing your team to executive management.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
• Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
• Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
• Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with customers or similar role and leading architecture teams.
Key job responsibilities
We are seeking an accomplished leader to help build out a high performing Solution Architecture team aligned to the Malaysia geography. The leader will contribute to the performance of the overall team measured by the world-wide Solution Architecture goals. The successful candidate will have overachieved throughout their career and built strong, deep relationships with regional organizations. This leader will have a broad role and will build strategies focused on architecting for new customer segments and maintaining the trust of existing customer segments for the long term. As a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way, you should also have experience in complex architecture of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications. The right candidate must possess top of the line leadership skills with the ability to execute on key business initiatives.
• As a key member of the business development and sales management teams, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services onto the AWS platform
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects from internal and external sources
• Educate enterprise customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Coach Solutions Architects in the skills needed to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions so they can transfer skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
• Guide and motivate the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Build deep relationships with decision makers within customer accounts to enable them to be "Cloud advocates"
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 15+ years as an IT professional including time as a technical individual contributor
• 10+ years leading senior technical staff in demanding customer contexts
• Working knowledge of software development tools and/or infrastructure automation and/or large-scale enterprise workload migrations
• History with successfully driving complex nationwide or global cross-functional initiatives
• Navigating Enterprise organizations and being the trusted technical advisor
• Experience working directly with customers and managing teams that work with customers in either a pre-sales, sales, post-sales or customer support function
• Strong listening, presentation, written and oral communications skills when speaking with executives, IT Management and technical teams
• Experience making key and strategic adjustments to assignments and strategy to optimize results and overcome any obstacles
• Engages the customer/partner at the most senior levels and not only helps them understand and integrate with the platform, but helps the customer optimize their spend and think through their business and technology strategy PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• History of successful technical consulting and/or architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Familiarity with common enterprise services
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers.
• Strong written communication skills
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
• Exceptional people-management skills; able to inspire and foster the right behaviors in others through leading by example (Player/Coach)
• AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly