Head of Finance Operations (L70)
About the Role
Reporting to the Group Financial controller of SWIFT, the Head of Finance Operations will lead globally key activities for the Finance group (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing Operations and Contract management), and drive them towards operational excellence through various transformation projects.
This strong leader will have as key mission the definition and execution of the teams roadmap in line with the company priorities, maximizing value delivery and automate low value tasks. He/she will build strong network across the organization to improve customer experience and operational efficiency, and report regularly on agreed KPIs. Education
A university degree Experience
At least 10 years experience position within a financial or operational environment, of which ideally 5 years as team Lead. Domains
Finance/Operations Key Responsibilities
- Build a strong vision and mission for the Department that contributes to the overall SWIFT strategy - prepare the Department pro-actively for the challenges of the future.
• Maintain and increase the operational excellence within the different areas - oversee the implementation of impactful continuous improvement initiatives, both targeting efficiency gains and/or increased customer experience;
• Be a hands-on and pragmatic leader, actively supporting the team;
• Put the customer at the center of what you do, while not loosing track of the implications of deviations and exceptions.
• Act as an internal business partner, actively seeking to support the internal customers and actively providing solutions, while safeguarding compliance with internal policies & procedures.
• Be a strong partner for other teams to actively support Company objectives. Competency Profile 01. Takes Accountab. for Delivering Results
Makes and takes accountability for significant decisions and actions on operational/tactical issues; takes initiative to deliver results under conditions of pressure, adversity and uncertainty with full understanding of potential risks. 02. Demonstrates Operational Excellence
Defines, implements and manages to the highest standards of operational excellence required for service and product delivery; encourages and promotes a continuous improvement mindset for business processes and policies to drive operational success in terms of the security, availability and reliability. 03. Expands knowledge
Translates creative ideas into plans or projects for the business; demonstrates a commitment to learn and develop self and others; takes accountability to ensure knowledge is retained and shared to advance organisation capability and gain business advantage. 04. Bus Understanding and Commercial Sense
Promotes and applies business/management principles to improve commercial performance through a deep understanding of SWIFT, the competition and the market; champions changes that strengthen competitiveness and the value proposition. 05. Builds and reinforces cust relationships
Builds and maintains effective working relationships with a range of customers; actively listens to and translates complex needs into appropriate solutions while remaining sensitive to the complexities of the business and SWIFT's commitment to integrity in all relationships; encourages others to demonstrate strong customer focus and responsiveness. 06. Leads with a team focus
Forms and mobilises teams; contributes to team effectiveness through people management or professional leadership; respects diversity and encourages others to do so; provides motivational opportunities and recognises differences in team member contributions; serves as a role model by living SWIFT values. 07. Communicates effectively
Communicates business strategies and approaches in challenging circumstances; adjusts communication style to optimise effectiveness in a multi-lingual environment; provides clarification of key corporate initiatives and messages; recognises and respects the points of view of others.
Job location can be BE or KL. This position is a critical function for the success of Finance so finding the right candidate will be the first criteria, beyound location. The primary location is Belgium due to the high criticality of the billing team, representing a high share of mind, and where tight deadlines require often working during the same time frame. However, KL is not to be excluded would there be a strong profile.