Head of Business Finance – GOT
*For internal staff please apply internal transfer via HRMS (https://myhrms.hlbank.my) with the information below: JR Number:
Refer to the above Job Number next to position title Location Code:
MYHOF10000 Department Code:
MY10002040 Designation Code:
HBFGSS Accounting Procedures & Financial Control
Budgeting & Forecast
- Development of accounting procedures and implementation thereof in consultation with the CFO, GM Performance Management and Head of Group Operation & Technology.
- Ensure compliance to accounting standards and practice sound financial control and discipline.
- Work with auditors during their half yearly/ annual review.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of the General Ledger Accounts under GOT's cost centres.
Capex, Expenses Management & Cost Allocation
- Review and compile Bankwide IT & Operations Budgets (Opex and Capex), including HLISB and overseas operations.
- Review & tracking of all IT & Operations Opex to ensure all expenditures are spent within budget.
- Assist with projections of quarterly forecast and full year budget on GOT Division's Capex and Opex & QSBM reporting.
Reporting & Analytics
- Actively participate and contribute ideas and comments on the financial matters to all IT & SOP (Cost Savings) projects.
- Responsible to validate the IT vendors' financial before presenting to the Tender Review Committee and management team.
- Review & tracking of all IT & Operations Capex investment including providing quantifiable financial benefit, ROI and Payback/Cost Benefit Analysis for all major IT & Operations Project Capex.
- Review with business head on key drivers of GOT Division including cost management matters and post CER review on major IT & Operations projects.
- Prepare, review and monitor actual results against budget and highlight any significant variance including material MoM movement in expenses to CFO, GM Performance Management and Head of Group Operation & Technology.
- Assist the business with the identification of cost saving opportunities including coming up with SOP2 cost savings initiatives for Bankwide IT & Operations expenditures.
- Responsible to track and to ensure accurate accrual is maintained in the GL at all time.
- Assist in formulating the proper cost allocation methodology among SBUs and cost recharge basis for other related companies within the Group to ensure equitable apportionment of costs to Bank markets.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely reporting of all financials for GOT Division on monthly basis and to p rovide any other timely information to management.
- Perform competitive analysis on KPIs and benchmarks on IT & Operations Expenditures (Capex and Opex) based on available industry / market data.
- Problem solving for Finance Related Issues and Ad Hoc requests coming from GOT Division.