Head of Analytic
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Support the ongoing health of the client portfolio through identification of tail clients for remediation and cost optimisation opportunities.
- Identify and monitor target timeframes for client exits in line with Business, Legal and Compliance direction.
- Manage the execution of Tail Management client exits in an efficient and controlled manner.
- Engagement and management of stakeholders including business, front office, middle/back office, technology, legal and compliance, country and regional management teams.
- Support the identification and remediation of underperformers (e.g. high cost base, low RoRWA, lack of pipeline), as well as identification of strong performers and their performance drivers.
- Design and execution of Tail Management initiatives in partnership with CCIB management and strategy.
- Drive and measure the effectiveness of implemented initiatives utilising internal/external assessments and adapt approach accordingly.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and recommend solutions aimed at improving the Bank's productivity and efficiency with a specific focus on client assessment and portfolio management.
- Engage and execute the dashboards on Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Create strong blending data capabilities within team to come up with useful client information from data quickly
- Promote analytics driven decision making processes across multiple segments/product portfolios
- Prepare and/or contribute to regular updates for various committees and governance forums
- Provide insights to senior management and the network based on MIS and analytics
- Perform data validation and dashboard performance optimization
- Constantly review and resolve the risks arising from policy, process, system and procedures with an aim to improve the risk assessment quality, efficiency and effectiveness and meet the required regulatory and internal standards.
- Continuous Improvement Initiatives:
- Keep abreast of best practices and learning and development to raise the performance
- Optimize current processes to meet customer requirements (internal and external)
- Strong Knowledge of Tableau or similar visualization tools
- Masters/Graduate degree preferred
- PMP or Project Management Certification preferred
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies
- Knowledge of all segments in the business and activities with a broad understanding of CIB Banking business
- Skills in problem-solving and issue management
- Ability to learn new concepts and initiate suggestions to improve existing practices
- Excellent professional skills, communication (including verbal, presentation and written) skills
- Ability to multi-task with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to liaise independently across a wide variety of businesses, operational, functional, and technical teams, to achieve defined objectives
- Ability to created effective work relationships across functions and boarders
- Collaborative, Team player, with a very strong willingness to share and impart knowledge
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good/sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Focused, organised and results-oriented
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
- Highly Competent in MS Word, Power Point, SQL and Excel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .