Head, Customer Protection
- The incumbent is responsible to provide assurance to the Bank's Board of Directors and management on the Bank's compliance to regulatory requirements in areas of fair dealing and customer protection.
- Drive the Group's Compliance framework, initiatives and activities in line with the Group's strategic direction, regulatory and global standards to ensure compliance with applicable local and foreign laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and standards governing the Group's domestic and international operations.
Qualification / Requirements:-
- Implement sound Compliance Framework within the Group.
- Keep abreast of new legal, regulatory developments and international best practices to improve the compliance effectiveness.
- Provide oversight on implementation of new legal, rules, regulations and guidelines on key regulatory requirements such as data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection.
- Advise, identify and assess impact of regulatory compliance risks during new product/services development, process, marketing/promotional campaigns and other related activities.
- Submit the relevant regulatory compliance reports to regulatory bodies on compliance matters.
- Main contact point with the regulators and enforcement agencies on matters relating to data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection.
- Update senior management on new initiatives, latest development and concerns/non-compliances relating to Regulatory Compliance.
- Institutionalize compliance culture through dissemination of regulatory compliance requirements, trends and regulatory changes and employee's roles and responsibilities to achieve the optimum level of compliance within the Group.
- Guide, mentor and coach team members on activities/initiatives to build up knowledge and experience on applicable laws, rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Propose/recommend initiatives to re-engineer existing internal processes to comply with new regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
- Minimum of 8-10 years managerial experience in a banking and financial Institution with specialization in compliance or legal risk
- Knowledge of legislative aspects/regulatory requirements of banking.