Global Process Specialist - Purchase to Pay
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Experian Singapore
- 20 Apr 19
Global Process Specialist - Purchase to Pay
The Global Finance Shared Services Organization at Experian supports finance transaction processing across all our markets delivered from regional centers in Malaysia, the UK, Chile, Brazil, Costa Rica and Bulgaria. Over the past 3 years finance activity has moved from the UK to our overseas centres across several finance areas with Purchase to Pay being centralised in our Kuala Lumpur Finance Service Centre.
The Global Process Specialist role works alongside the Global Process Owner (GPO) for the P2P track as well as with Global Process Specialists and Owners for the O2C and R2R tracks. Provides specialist knowledge of, support and training for Global Finance processes, maintains global standards, drives efficiencies and strengthens controls through continuous process improvement, standardisation and automation, manages related projects and acts as a global point of contact for Oracle Champions, finance users and Global Corporate Systems.
This role could also provide the candidate with a stepping stone towards becoming a GPO themselves in the future.
1. High quality, consistent and up to date Finance Process documentation
- Finance Processes consistently documented to a level of detail including key controls
- Supports the P2P GPO in mapping and documenting the global Finance processes
- Maintains process and training documentation in line with process improvements/changes
- Works alongside the P2P GPO in reviewing regional and local processes and documents variations/exceptions
- Continually reviews finance processes and drives through process improvements, standardisation and automation.
- Drives continuous process improvements identified by the GPO. Conducts requirements analysis, designs solutions & coordinates with Oracle team. Leads/project manages implementation or engages/coordinates interim project managers/resources. Coordinates testing & sign-off.
- Manages and communicates changes to the relevant stakeholders and users
- Performs Global Oracle Maintenance for Global Values relevant to process area
- Provides functional support to regional GFS, country finance staff and Oracle Champions, coordinating closely with Global Corporate Systems (GCSS) technical and support resources
- Acts as a "point of contact" for finance-related Oracle and process queries
- Coordinates Process Excellence team ideas submissions for the GPO team and participates in idea evaluation reviews for P2P process ideas
- Identifies common issues/changes/new requirements arising and initiates appropriate action
- Prepares and manages change requests and secures required approvals
- Coordinates development, testing, sign-off and implementation of changes
- Coordinates initially with auditors to provide process-related information and resolve audit issues
- Coordinates process/system-related training and communication across global Finance
- Establishes and maintains Oracle and other related training materials
- Develops process-specific training or coordinates delivery by others
- Supports OBIEE and other transaction reporting requirements and solutions
5. Continued roll out of Target Operating Model - new countries, businesses, processes
- Supports Oracle implementations and GFS migrations for new businesses and acquisitions
- Takes on project roles as appropriate
- Ensures new implementations are consistent with Global standard processes.
Qualified candidates should have experience in roles specifically covering process improvements, coordinating virtual teams and smaller change projects. Candidates should have a knowledge of Oracle EBS and best practise Purchase to Pay processes. Candidates should also have experience of working in international organisations with a matrix management structure. Further desirable experience would include:
- Ideal candidate has worked with companies in transition - and is comfortable with fast change, quick decisions and uncertainty.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent organisational skills and highly process oriented
- Removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for the GFS
- Ability to use independent judgment in performing all duties of the position.
- Clear Customer Service focus to drive improvements for all customers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to connect with people - a good influencer, especially within a matrixed environment
- High attention to detail as well as an ability to achieve results through delegation across owned and shared resources.
- Ideally Yellow Belt minimum qualified