Full Stack Java Developer
About the Role
In line with tribe, squad and chapter objectives, policies and procedures and under guidance of a more senior team member, to design, develop specifications, code, install, test and maintain high quality application software and associated tools. What to expect?
What will make you successful?
- You will design, develop, test, install and support programs/systems in line with agreed requirements.
- Quality is part of everything you do.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation.
- You will design and implement integration and automated tests.
- You will assist with the analysis of requirements and the development of recommendations as to the systems approach to follow.
- You will prepare specifications, tests, deliverables, acceptance criteria, time frames, etc. for software tasks.
- You will review designs, code, unit test and technical documentation created by other developers.
- You will analyze problems, develop and propose solutions to more senior team members.
- You will prepare and study the technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed systems solutions.
- You will work collaboratively with other team members and provide guidance to more junior team members.
- You will develop and maintain technical documentation, prepare and give presentations to other team members, management and customers.
- You will provide coaching and training to more junior team members based in KL.
- You will provide timing/scheduling estimates to team leader and propose corrective actions to timelines when necessary
- You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with solutions delivery peers and other IT Delivery partners.
- You will demonstrate customer-centricity by working closely together with the internal customer.
- You will organize an efficient handover through high quality documentation and training.
- You will collaborate with UX designers and other engineers to innovate and implement the components of the design system.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team.
- Minimum 3 years of IT development experience preferably in an international setting.
- Some Java development knowledge: Core and Web Java, Spring Framework, Jersey, JPA, Junit, Tomcat, Eclipse
- TypeScript is a plus
- Strong knowledge of web-service related technologies: XML, Ajax, JSON, RESTFul web-services
- Strong application database knowledge: RDBMS, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in continuous integration/delivery build environment: GIT/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Ant/Maven, Coverage and Static/Dynamic Analysis tools
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
- Creativity and innovation
- Adaptability and responsiveness to change
- Take accountability for delivering results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Time management, planning and organizing
- Ability to work well in both a team and individual environment
- Quality oriented
- Engaged and team oriented
- Open communication
Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below :
Birgin Van Diest - Engineering Lead, Data & Analytics
Simon Tan - Hiring Manager
Geraldine Wong - Recruiter What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.