Finance Manager - Accounts Payable
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The job holder is responsible for the payable team, the fixed assets movements, financial accounting closing and cost allocation for Standard Chartered GBS Sdn Bhd with adherence to Group Accounting and Finance policy. The Role Responsibilities
- Direct, lead and manage country finance's AP teams
- Oversees the governance of e-Procurement and T&E process
- Managing performance of Global Financial Services - Requisition to Pay team
- Managing the fixed assets movements, reconciliation & reporting.
- Review GL transaction listing.
- Coordinate month end closing including accruals to ensure timely completion for finance review and reporting.
- Follow-up with business/functions to ensure timely clearance of balance sheet reconciliation items.
- Ensure proper corporate office cost allocation and recharges.
- Ensure strong controls around AP process and raise concerns/risks to be addressed.
- Oversee the Country Delegation Authority coordination.
- Process efficiency and improvements.
- Automation initiatives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Coach team members in the delivery of the management responsibilities identifying key strengths, weaknesses and development plans.
- Ensure active talent management in setting up clear career plans for team members
- Collaborate and influence to build a high performing team.
- Possess relevant qualifications (Degree/Professional Body)
- In depth knowledge and experience involving end to end financial accounting.
- Results drive and acts as an agent for change management
- Strong engagement and communication skills to deal with various level of stakeholders
- Ability to simplify large and complex data feeding into the overall strategic deliverables.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.