(Expression of Interest) Senior Associate - Corporate Tax Compliance & Advisory
Line of Service
Tax Industry/Sector Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Senior Associate Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices. Please note that we are not hiring for this role currently. However, we welcome you to express your interest as it allows our recruiters to collect your information and reach out to you should there be a suitable vacancy. Your indication of interest through this job posting will not be considered as an application.
Your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy and compliance work on a diverse client base.
- Advise clients on their tax concerns arising from their business transactions
- Undertake the preparation and completion of complex tax computations
- Agreeing tax liabilities and seeking agreement of tax computations with the tax authorities when necessary
- Deal with client queries in relation to tax implication of business transactions, including preparation and review of follow up queries and correspondence with appropriate internal and external parties
- Expect to manage your own portfolio of clients
- You will be expected to organize, monitor and manage your own workload
business/client specific ideas and solutions.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional application instructions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and/or professional qualification
- 2-6 years' work experience of corporate tax compliance and/or advisory
- Strong academic background
- Commitment to enhancing technical and other knowledge and skills
- Risk awareness
- A good team player
- Good communication skills
- Good organizational and people skills
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date