(Expression of Interest) Manager - Corporate Tax Compliance & Advisory
Line of Service
Tax Industry/Sector Specialism
General Tax Consulting Management Level
Manager Job Description & Summary
A career within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You'll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
Our team helps our clients improve their tax function to control risk and facilitate better decision making. You'll focus on helping businesses with tax strategy, ensuring tax compliance, increasing post tax profits, and providing application support to achieve the best corporate tax practices. Please note that we are not hiring for this role currently. However, we welcome you to express your interest as it allows our recruiters to collect your information and reach out to you should there be a suitable vacancy. Your indication of interest through this job posting will not be considered as an application.
Your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax compliance and consultancy work on a diverse client base. Responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on their tax concerns arising from their business transactions
- Taking a lead role in managing the client relationship - managing and controlling deliverables and deadlines, handling day to day queries and establishing your role as the trusted/primary point of contact
- Also play an active role in maintaining close client relationships with view of securing more consulting opportunities
- Supporting new business generation including problem solving for business/client specific ideas and solutions.
- Participate in PwC's product development group which identifies and develops new tax products/services which will potentially add value to client's businesses by solving their tax problems
- To ensure effective management of staff and processes to achieve high quality of work
- Taking a lead role in the support and development of more junior staff
- Keeping up-to-date with local and international business and economic issues that might potentially impact on clients and / or their industry
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Additional application instructions
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field and/or professional qualification
- Strong business technical knowledge with at least 6 years working experience in tax compliance and consultancy, ideally in a professional services organization
- Excellent client handling and team work skills.
- People management and project management experience.
- A good level of commercial awareness
- Self-motivated and an appetite to support business development efforts to advertise our services and secure new clients.
- Possess good spoken and written skills
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificates and Transcripts, from SPM (or equivalent) onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size photo
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required: Bachelor Degree
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified)
English, Malay Travel Requirements
Up to 20% Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
No Government Clearance Required?
Yes Job Posting End Date