Executive, Group Business Underwriting
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
The incumbent is responsible for directing and setting the strategy for the entire underwriting department.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1.Perform underwriting analysis and evaluate risks in relevant classes of business
2.Review underwriting approach to ensure process is robust, efficient and competitive
3.Manage relationships with customers and intermediaries
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Underwriting new business within the company specified approval limits for the country
- Designing the underwriting strategy for the company including identifying the risk-mitigated opportunities both short and long-term with the company's overall business strategy
- Establishing company-specific underwriting policy and guidelines. This includes defining and implementing standards for accuracy, productivity and timeliness as well as developing strategies to meet those standards.
- Reviewing and revising underwriting guidelines regularly to ensure that they are aligned with changes in the market and social environments while conforming to the company's underwriting philosophy
- Supervising the performance of Underwriting Managers and underwriters
- Implementing projects for the streamlining of operations or improvement of underwriting capabilities
- Determining appropriate training for Underwriting Managers and underwriters to ensure that they are keeping up with market and business requirements
- Selecting and allocating resources as required to meet business and personnel objectives
- Communicate with reinsurers, doctors, agents on the larger more complex cases
- Portfolio management
- Participate in claims committee and collaborate with other departmental heads as necessary
- Develop new products together with sales and marketing to meet and exceed market requirements