Europe - Regional Reporting & Statutory Lead
- 80,000 USD, plus accomodation and schooling allowance.
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY
- Permanent, Full time
- Change Recruitment Group
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
Change International is working in partnership to assist one of their leading Multinational client to appoint an experienced EUROPEAN Regional Reporting Statutory Lead, to join their growing business in Malaysia.
Malaysia is at the heart of the ASEAN region and in direct reach of over 600 million people. There have been both external and internal investment opportunities in the country within sectors such as agriculture, energy, infrastructure and tourism.
Excellent time and opportunity to be a part a fast growing country.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Reporting Manager will be tasked to work alongside and be the focal point for External auditors. Also responsible for US GAAP deliverables to Consolidations team and Product Company Controllers working along with a group of professionals supporting various financial functions centralized at Global Finance Centre.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Mainly involved in managing the external audit for countries spread within a Region. Key point of contact for communication/resolution of audit issues.
· Review of Statutory & Management financial statements and coordination of audit requests by working closely with Functional team, Business, Tax, Legal, Company secretary and Operations
· Reviews and submits the audit pack to Auditors along with draft statutory financial statements that are in compliance to the local statutory requirements. Also monitors Teams Analytical support, Variance Analysis for S2G Walk
· Manages deliverables to Consolidation & Reporting (C&R) team by completing periodical analysis templates and reporting packages with quality and punctuality in accordance with US GAAP
· Under minimal supervision, evaluate, maintain and improve efficiency of financial processes & Manage a group of individuals assigned to area to work towards Audit deadlines
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor Degree in Accountancy/Finance or equivalent professional qualification (ACCA/CPA/ etc).
· Min. 10 to 15 years working experience in external audit and in planning/ analysis filed
· Possesses good analytical and inter-personal skills.
· Able to multitask, independent and proactive
· Understand Statutory and US GAAP Accounting or FRENCH, ITALIAN or GERMAN GAAP
· LANGAUAGE REQUIREMENT: Fluent in European language i.e. French, German or Italian
· Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
· Experience in auditing oil and gas, manufacturing, chemical company would be an added advantage
· Competent Accounting & Administration skills
· Proficient SAP, Hyperion Oracle, and Ms. Office User
· Excellent communication & presentation skill