Director, Business Development (BDU / Mortgage)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Business Driver
- Strategizing Mortgage business & execution plans to achieve sales target or Business directions.
- Working along with relevant stakeholders such as Products, Marketing, CEPG, Business Heads & Human Resources to ensure business objective achieved and effective operational.
- Provide thought leadership & sounds decision to manage the distribution channels effectively together with the teams
- Responsible to be the key liaison for alliance management and develop business opportunities with external parties for the SCB mortgage business.
- To drive performance of the Retail Client product by increasing sales market share in line with the direction of SCB or as per Job Objective in which primarily in Mortgage business.
- To effectively manage resources and structure that allowed optimum productivity in accordance to company's objective.
- To share best sales practice, lead, drive, motivate the sales distribution channel effectively in managing their sales associates to achieve stipulated targets.
- To participate in providing feedback on new product development, service quality and marketing strategy.
- Develop business opportunities through cooperation with alliance partners (Internal and External channel)
- Design new initiatives to generate leads, improve mortgages sales and SCB relationship with agents and business partners.
- Contacts management
- Ensure empanelment of developers and project.
- Acquire exclusive tie-ups with developers for new launches.
- Provide competitive analysis of industry mortgage packages and agent referrals fees
- Responsible for acquisition, retention and management of referral agents.
- Managing of all BSU channel related matters - including DIBS, Abandoned Projects, communication with internal and external.
- Ensure full compliance with all regulatory and compliance policies and procedures to achieve satisfactory audit grades in local & group audits.
- Capacity Management - ensure budgeted headcount is met to execute business objective.
- Performance coaching to subordinates to achieve stipulated sales target & direct reports in execute their responsibilities better, development & career progression.
- Create strong teamwork & sales culture among the distribution.
- Talent development & training.
Risk & Compliance
- To ensure customer complaints are being handle timely & diligently by living the values of Treat Our Customer Fairly.
- Managing sales controllable error, TAT, rejection & approval ratio.
- Ensure & Comply to CDD / AML / ORF diligently in running the sales distribution & employees are adequately equip with training & knowledge.
- Adhere to all policies, guidelines & procedures, comply with local regulatory requirements & reflect best practice.
- Achieve satisfactory audit rating, no adverse findings by internal/external audit, governance & compliance review.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- People Management
- Capacity Management
- Managing Change
- Performance Management
- Performance Management - ability to manage high & low performer in terms of morale, motivation, discipline & target setting.
- Process Improvement - identify process gap & make improvement.
- Coaching - ability to provide coaching to all level of peoples for improvement & effectiveness in their responsibility execution.
- Managing Change
- People Management in handing employees emotions, problems, motivation & support.
- Self motivated with result oriented.
- Sounds & in-depth knowledge & experience in Product Development, Processes & Sales Distribution management for all consumer banking product.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.