Developer/System Engineer (PLSQL)
About the Role
SWIFT is at the core of the financial services industry transformation and we believe our people make the difference.
We have a powerful BI product portfolio that helps the financial institutions discover new insights into their SWIFT traffic and market trends, and provide a platform for dynamic data analysis to pinpoint the issues and inform decision-making.
Come join us if you are passionate about data and would like to make an impact in the analytics world. What to expect
What will make you successful?
- Develops, test and implements complex ETL and database designs.
- Implement complex business logic through Oracle database views.
- Design and implementation of new database schemas for the SWIFT BI product portfolio.
- Query Optimization and tuning of existing oracle database schemas as well as database views.
- Build CI/ CD pipelines and facilitate the automation of build creation, unit testing and deployment
- Participate in Proof of Concept (feasibility studies) of new functionality of SWIFT's BI products.
- Support large enterprise initiatives and help resolve architectural issues in the environment and database infrastructure.
- Minimum 3 years' of experience with extensive knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL development
- Superior troubleshooting skills, battle-tested in high-volume production environments.
- Hands on experience with performance tuning.
- Hands-on experience working with Oracle 11g, 12c or 19c with some exposure to database administrative (pertaining to optimisation, performance tuning and granular access control)
- Deep understanding of DevOps tools and Agile methods
- Experience in Jenkins, Git and Ansible
- Team player and good communication skills.
- Good understanding of BI/ data warehousing concepts and ability to articulate to technical and non-technical audiences.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas will be an advantage:
- Experience in UNIX scripting
- Experience in utPLSQL
- Knowledge of versioning tools like GIT, ClearCase, or SV
- Experience with agile methodology such as SCRUM or KANBAN.
- Experience in Microstrategy solutions.
You may like to know the team better by knowing the people in the team. Review LinkedIn profile of the people on the list below:
What we offer
- Lum Soong Jeng - Engineer Chapter Lead (Data & Analytics)
- Mohd Fadzlan Sulaiman - Senior Dev/System Engineering
- Victor Ooi - Recruiter for the position.
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.