Data & Analytics Consultant
DESCRIPTION Are you passionate about analytics? Would you like to help customers become more data driven to achieve their business goals? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud web services technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting analytics workloads in the world? Are you skilled at helping customers and partners to address their Data and Analytics projects using cloud computing architectures?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring technical Data and Analytics consultants to help our customers & partners develop technical expertise and capacity, and to work with our partners on key customer engagements.
Within the diverse Professional Services team, this role specializes in a variety of Data and Analytics aspects using cloud web services in large scale computing environments. Our Data and Analytics consultants deliver architecture guidance, lead projects, conduct customer workshops and implement complex data analytics workloads with our customers and partners.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help customers and partners learn and use AWS services such as Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon SageMaker (development of advanced analytics and Machine Learning pipelines), AWS Glue (serverless Apache Spark workloads), AWS Lambda (serverless computing), etc.
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales meetings & visits, understanding customer Data and Analytics requirements, and proposing and delivering packaged offerings, as well as delivering custom solution engagements.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects proving the use of AWS services to support new distributed computing solutions that often span private cloud and public cloud services. Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 1+ years of experience in cloud
• 10+ years of experience with direct customer interaction
• 5+ years of experience with any of the following technologies: Databases (SQL/NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, MariaDB, PostgreSQL), Big Data open source tools (Hadoop, Spark), Big Data proprietary tools (Hortonworks, Cloudera) programing experience (Java, Python, R, Julia, SQL) BI tools (Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, Microstrategy, Cognos, etc).
• Business level command of English language, reading, writing and speaking.
• BS level degree required or equivalent
• Travel to customer locations may be required to support pre-sales and delivery of professional services, as needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Current, large scale project implementation experience required.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations.
• Project experience with key vertical markets such as Financial Sector, Telecom, and Utilities.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Technical and analytical skills, possessing 7+ years of IT implementation/consulting experience.
• Implementation of AWS services in a distributed environments with large data pipelines using technologies such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• BS level degree in computer science, business or math background preferred.
• Ability to understand and educate customers on cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges.
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status."