Data Transformation Analyst II
Are you a creative team player ? Do you enjoy producing high quality illustrations? We're looking for a data transformation analyst , within the Images Team to:
- Use Adobe Illustrator CC to produce high quality geological illustrations
- Use GIS Applications (ArcGIS 10.7/ArcGIS Pro) to georeference, digitize, clean and attribute features
- Check consistency between images and spatial data sets
- Quality Control illustrations before delivery to various IHS Markit products
- Work on ad-hoc projects such as posters, presentations and reports.
You will be working in the [ Images ] Team in Kuala Lumpur - Jalan P Ramlee . The images team currently consists of three image specialists in KL plus two in Tetbury, UK. We are a very friendly team dedicated to producing high quality images for a range of products - most notably the Basin Monitor Reports, using our in-house standards to maintain consistency.
- a GIS-related degree.
- Prior experience with Adobe Illustrator CC (or previous versions) or similar drafting software.
- Fluent in English, other languages are desirable.
- Knowledgeable in Earth Sciences/Petroleum Geology background
- Experience with MS Applications such as Teams, Outlook, Excel etc.
- A flexible team player
- Capable of working with the minimum of supervision and to strict deadlines
- Somebody with great attention to detail and a very high level of accuracy in your work.
- Able to prioritise your workload
- Somebody with excellent communication skills.
- Junior candidates are welcome.
- Our great workplace culture
- Flexibility to work from home
- A wide range of training opportunities
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory here Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.