Data Analyst - Client Lifecycle Data Team
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- End-to-end execution of data analysis assignments through
- Planning and scoping of data analysis activities
- Defining the best-fit analysis approach for a given query or issue
- Data extraction, cleansing, validation and output generation using large data sets
- Provision of support to stakeholders to assist them in understanding the analysis methodology, findings and implications.
- Design, produce and analyse management information on periodic basis, through:
- Identify the key metrics suitable for reporting on various subjects ranging from data management, data quality, progress of various data investigation and remediation activities etc.
- Define appropriate data sourcing, frequency, methodology for calculation and presentation.
- Analyse and interpret Metrics and highlight key trends and insights for management attention.
- Automate MI generation and distribution
- Proactive identification and reporting of data issues and risks
- Provide inputs, as a result of observations made, for modifications required regarding data management, quality or reporting.
- Maintenance of book of work and prioritisation for delivery
- Continuously identify opportunities to implement automated solutions for analysis and reporting
- Drive operational efficiency and effectiveness for assignments under area of responsibility
- Ensure alignment of assigned work items and activities to the strategic and tactical direction of the Data team
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies ethics and the Group Code of Conduct
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes
- Safeguard all data by ensuring strict adherence to information communication guidelines polices as well as data storage/archival procedures
Qualifications and technical competencies
- Demonstrated expertise of data analysis skills and experience working with large data sets
- Degree or diploma in Computer Applications/ Information Systems
- Working knowledge of Paxata and other data analytic tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Access, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications especially PowerPoint.
- Expert in data visualisation and reporting tools such as Tableau
- Proficient in SQL and/or other data query skills
- Advanced skills in Oracle and Database Platforms
- Experience in banking / financial institution preferred
- Strong analytical skills and logical approach to problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a self-starter with self-motivation, as well as good organisation skills, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders and engage with all levels of management
- Ability to understand and translate policy / standards and procedural requirements
- Good understanding of the risks related to poor data.
- Innovative mind-set that always looks for automated solutions rather than manual work around
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .