DC Operations Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Responsible for accessing the Data Centre estate in each country covering off long term Capacity management; Data Centre design standards for technology and M&E plan and global efficiency of the data centre estate. The Role Responsibilities Develop DC strategy across 52 countries covering the following steps:
Coordinating the above activities across the estate:
- Reporting and managing the Data Centre Capacity
- Developing the Data Centre design standards and provide design for new DC
- Reporting and managing the Data Centre Efficiency
Develop a strategy / business case covering:
- Engaging the appropriate teams internally (Energy, Property, etc)
- Liaising with Data Centre Colocation vendors
Our Ideal Candidate
- Approvals by appropriate people
- Demonstrated experience in DC Efficiency
- Demonstrated experience delivering DC designs for technology and mechanical & electrical
- Demonstrated experience in Capacity management in Data Centres
- Demonstrate ability to develop a Data Centre Strategy
- Managing, building/developing or operating Data Centres for organisations
- Project management skills ideally with data centre SME
- In depth knowledge of Data centre operations
- Data Centre Facilities management
- Experience working across multiple countries and cultures.
- Banking experience
- Budget Management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of global team
- Very good communications skills and writing skills
- Management of external (vendor) resources, wherever required.
- Ability to train operational staff in new procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to prioritise tasks
- Must be flexible in terms of tasks
- Act as a team player and leader based on situation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.