Cyber Forensic Senior Specialist
Cyber Forensic Senior Specialist, Cyber Defence Centre
Standard Chartered Bank Global Business Services, Kuala Lumpur Purpose:
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services".
The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
The Cyber Defence Centre (CDC) is the Bank's first line of defence. The Cyber Forensic team works within the CDC focusing on advanced incident analysis (malware reverse engineering and breach investigations). This role reports to the Head of DFIR, and is responsible for; incident response investigations, digital forensic examinations, malware reverse engineering, research into cutting edge forensic techniques, and evaluation of forensic tools/processes. Responsibilities:
- Support the Head of DFIR in driving the strategic forensic program globally
- Support the design and implementation of the forensic infrastructure, develop, and maintain a strategic mid to long-term plan for expansion and growth
- Subject matter expert/trainer in either; Host Forensics, Network Forensics or Malware Reverse Engineering
- High level of competency in Host Forensics, Network Forensics and Malware Examinations
- Enforce compliance of service offerings, and implementation of key metrics Key Performance indicator (KPI)
Competencies (knowledge & Skills):
- Head CDC
- CDC Tier 1 & Tier 2
- Malware Protection
- Threat Intelligence
- Shared Investigative Services
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field; and/or commensurate experience
- A minimum of 10 years' experience conducting digital forensic examinations
- Preferred qualification in one of the following software-neutral digital forensic certificates: CCE, GCFA, GREM, GCFE or CFCE
- Experience with the following forensic suites is preferred: EnCase, X-Ways, Cellebrite and FTK.
- Experience and knowledge of criminal law and procedures is highly desirable, including; criminal investigations, emerging technologies, new and emerging computer technology, evidence handling procedures.
- Experience in the development and implementation of procedural and policy documentation
- Demonstrated experience in reverse engineering, code examination and dynamic analysis of Malware.
- Experience with the following dynamic analysis suites is preferred: IDA Pro, Radare2, OllyDbg, WinDbg.
- Demonstrated experience in software development or scripting is highly desirable.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Strong communications skills to explain technical issues to management and attorneys
- Experience with managing people and projects
- Effective report writing skill
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.