Customer Service Manager, Business Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Origination
- Credit Analyst (CA) would be primarily responsible for managing the Credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit / policy perspective.
- Work as a team with the Relationship Manager (RM) and Client Coverage Manager (CCM) on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
• Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
• Work with RM and product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
• Work with the RM in:
a) Preparing & presenting work-shopping note; and
b) Expediting approvals.
• Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Odyssey, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
• Liaise with Credit / GAM / RAM / FAM on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
• Coordinate and prepare for GCC meetings.
• Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval / allocation.
• Market, industry & client research (ROC Searches, annual statements, credit rating etc).
• Reference check / market check - buyers, suppliers, competitors & lenders & to be documented by way of call report / file note.
• Legal & compliance liaising and preparing term sheets for lending products.
Post Deal Account monitoring
• Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking weekly excess / past dues and strictly complying with ASTAR / EAR process.
• Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports.
• Monitor risk triggers, covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately.
• Ensure zero BCA over dues.
• Work with RM and CCM to ensure the proper maintenance of credit files and ensuring audit readiness at any time.
• Work with RM and CCM to follow up audit issues.
• Attend EAR / MTM calls along with the RMs.
• In partnership with the RM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EAR as per the bank's policies and guidelines.
• Preparing the Initial Downgrade Report (IDR) for transferring accounts to GSAM.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.