Customer Due Diligence Analyst
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank (M) Berhad
- 22 Sep 17
Customer Due Diligence Analyst
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management leverages HSBC's global retail banking expertise and wealth management capabilities to deliver a broad range of world-class retail banking solutions to millions of customers. Driving for growth in key markets around the world, the business comprises areas such as retail banking, wealth management, insurance and asset management, with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels that will differentiate our customer experience and deliver market leading retail banking and wealth management solutions.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to join this team in the role of Customer Due Diligence Analyst.
- To coordinate Know Your Customer (KYC) remediation activities, initiate customer contact where required through the appropriate front line staff,.
- To conduct Source of Wealth (SoW), Source of Fund (SoF) and transaction activity reviews where judgment is required.
- To conduct commercial reviews on FCCRAM High Risk/PEP/SCC customers to ensure the cost of Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) is justified.
- To ensure compliance with any regulatory and Group Standards / Policy requirement.
- To support the incident management processes such as recording, reporting , investigation and escalation.
- Understand, follow up and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of HBMY RBWM business in which the BRCM is involved.
- Proactively taking measures to continuously support RBWM business in achieving the business targets whilst maintaining satisfactory compliance culture.
- To manage and refresh high risk customers register, track the status for each customer.
- Minimum a bachelors degree in business, law or any related field is required.
- Above 1 year working experience in banking industry.
- Good basic knowledge in banking, in particular on customer KYC, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions.
- Lateral thinking, analytical thinking, ability to put dots together.
- Quick learner, ability to transfer knowledge, able to work under pressure.
- Proficient of MS office.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to a wide range of individuals and groups and at different levels of seniority.
- Self starter with attention to details combined with strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results.
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and manage continually changing priorities effectively.
- Only Malaysians are encouraged to apply.