Customer Advisory Associate
DESCRIPTION If you have an IT background and are seeking a career transition into Cloud Computing but don't know where to start, this may be the right opportunity for you.
AWS Enterprise Support has a full-time permanent opportunity available as an Associate Technical Account Manager (TAM). TAMs are strong advocates for their customers and work closely with them to provide support and advice on how the can leverage the most value from AWS. You will work with some of the best and brightest, while developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
You can learn more about a Technical Account Manager via this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjon1FW6hVc).
In this role, you'll get to:
• Partner with Enterprise Support Technical Account managers to provide supporting services and recommendations to customers to help them transform, improve operations and lower costs.
• Collaborate with Amazon Web Service engineers, Service Teams, Technical Account Managers and customers to ensure the appropriate handling, timely resolution and escalation of support cases and customer asks.
• Liaise with customers during service disruptions to understand and assist in mitigating business impact.
• Access and learn how to use customer account tools to draw insights and address customer asks.
• Compile cloud services operational and cost analysis periodic customer reviews.
• Learn on the job to become an expert in AWS by deepening your skills in cloud computing through certification and training.
• Deliver introductory customer technical enablement sessions such as lunch and learns.
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature request).
• Participate alongside Technical Account Managers in customer requested meetings.
• Coordinate and liaise with internal technical teams and specialists to help customers achieve support outcomes.
• Available during non-business hours to handle urgent issues (~5% of role).
As an equal opportunity employer we embrace diversity and inclusion at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Candidates must have demonstrated expertise in one or more of these areas:
• Strong customer focus with internal or external customer experience
• 2+ years' work experience in an information technology role with relevant qualifications
• Naturally curious with a high learning drive
• Ability to juggle many tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
Candidates with experience in any of the following areas are highly desired:
• Previous experience in a relationship management role in an enterprise environment
• Experience with cloud services offerings
• Understanding of technology budget management
• Systems administration, programming or networking experience
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired with a working knowledge of software development practices and technologies