3 positions Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Through HSBC Business Banking our global network offers comprehensive support, advice and services to businesses in the Business Banking market. From setting up a new business to managing the cash and trade flows of an established enterprise, the Business Banking team of Relationship Managers and Business Specialists provides a range of end-to-end solutions designed to help small and large businesses reach their potential.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Credit Associate. Principal responsibilities :
Credit Risk Generalists oversee the organisation's credit risk exposure derived from banking and financial services activities. They also generate periodic reports to ensure transparency regarding HSBC's risk profile, identify positions that contravene the Group's credit risk policy and tolerances, analyses and comments on market and portfolio developments and supports the implementation of risk valuation models.
Role holders will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
- Directly influencing the operational effectiveness of the functional/functional unit.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects; typically working on large, moderately complex projects/assignments.
- Management responsibility for a team, including people, objective setting and performance.
- Supporting decisions through advice, counsel or services in area of specialisation.
- Being accountable for delivery against prescribed targets, budgets and resourcing and responsible for volume, quality, and timeliness of end results.
- Acting as initial point of escalation for team members.
- Adhering to and actively supporting established policies and procedures in own team.
- Supporting change initiatives and embedding change initiatives within own team.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate/commercial banking experience, with at least 2 years at executive level;
- Possess strong analytical skills;
- Good understanding of financial statements and analysis;
- Strong written and oral English communication skills;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- CCP (Certified Credit Professional) accreditation an added advantage;
- Knowledge in trade services and treasury/debt capital market is essential.