About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To execute and deliver towards the growth of Commercial Banking Business in line with Group's strategies.
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM, in preparing & presenting work-shopping note and expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like RAPTOR, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies e.g. the Country portfolio standards, regulatory compliance, or other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare for CAC meetings, if applicable
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Prepare SCEL where required (for Malaysia only)
Post Deal Account Monitoring
- Monitor quality of the portfolio with periodic checks via CART monitoring and strictly complying with ASTAR, EA processes.
- No BCA overdues and compliance with cap 5% on BCA extensions
- Ensure Zero CART over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Proper maintenance of Credit documents and ensuring Audit Ready at any time
- Attend CIC/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EA, and no non-EA downgrades to GSAM
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
Co-Management of CB accounts with GSAM
- Work closely with CB RM / GSAM Account Manager to formulate account strategies and action plans and ensure relevant systems and controls pertaining to the role are in compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- The role needs to be performed as per agreed co-management Role & Responsibilities document.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Support continuous improvement of the operational efficiency and effectiveness of processes to increase the consistency of systems and processes.
- Support the framework for effective management of operational risks across the Business and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the execution of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis - incorporating infrastructure requirements and ensuring that they are fit-for-growth.
- This role encompasses the processes under the ORF namely, Credit and Credit Monitoring, Offshore Booking, ACBS and Lending processes
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance to the Group Sanctions Procedures
- Ensure adherence tp all the local regulations (i.e., Bank Negara Malaysia) , guidelines and policies
- Internal - Credit, CRC, Operational Risk, GIA, Legal, Compliance
- External - Clients
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.