Corporate Tax Compliance, Senior Associate
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Malaysia
- 19 Mar 19
Corporate Tax Compliance, Senior Associate
Modern tax regulations are highly complex and dynamic. As one of our Global Compliance and Reporting professionals, you'll help clients meet the increasing and ever more complex demand for tax compliance, reporting and advisory services within organisations.
Working as part of a diverse global team, you'll gain the technical knowledge you need to assist clients with demands across the tax life-cycle. You'll also gain valuable wide-ranging experience across industries. We'll help you develop the skills you need for a successful career, and support and encourage you to become a recognised leader in the tax profession. As part of our expansion strategy, we would like to invite you to join this dynamic team.
Join our global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job.
You'll have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
Your key responsibilities
- You'll contribute technical insights to business tax compliance engagements, prepare income tax returns for organisations in diverse and specialised industries, and prepare estimated tax liabilities to assist clients in meeting their tax payment obligations.
- You'll make sure that the work we deliver is of high quality, uses our global compliance processes and tools, and is reviewed by the next-level reviewer.
- Anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Help to create a positive learning culture, coaching and counselling junior team members to help them develop professionally and personally as an influential member of the team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in tax compliance or a related field
- A professional qualification in Tax
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident team player equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.